PDA

View Full Version : Boudreaux’s Butt Paste

jd11365
06-19-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm just LOVIN' this stuff. A little goes a loooong way...it's very smooth and coats well. And this beats Triple Paste by a mile...and that is saying a lot. DD has been having some lactose issues which give her a sore hiney sometimes and this stuff clears it up by morning if I put it on at bedtime. The best part is it smells like cookies or something sweet! I'm not on this forum often, but thought I'd come over to post my great find. You can get it at Target and Walmart, or of course online. The ingredients are listed on their site. It has 16% Zinc Oxide...which is more than the 11% in Triple Paste. http://tinyurl.com/2q2lk

HTH!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

luluc
06-19-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm happy someone is having success with it.;) DD has had a bad rash all week and after using the butt paste, burt's bees and aquaphor triple paste finally cleared it up. I really liked the smell and consistency of the butt paste and wanted it to work. I guess it just depends on the kid and the rash. I bought some after seeing the inventor on Oprah and everyone in his town was just raving about it. Apparently people use butt paste for everything. The catch phrase "put a little butt paste on it" is common in his town! :)

mudder17
06-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Okay, you've sold me. I think I'm going to try it out. I'm willing to try anything that'll help her rash. :(

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

pritchettzoo
06-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Be careful using it with cloth diapers! You might want to slap a liner in there to prevent staining. Not from personal experience, but I remember reading several threads over at MDC recently.

Anna

todzwife
06-23-2004, 07:51 PM
I was JUST gong to say this...it stains REALLY bad. Fortunately whenever I use any sort of cream I use a liner, and that liner is STILL stained.

kitmama
06-23-2004, 09:12 PM
So it stains. . . but has anyone had other problems using it with cloth diapers? (ie; repelling or anything like that)? I'd like to try it. . .

amp
06-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the review, Jamie! I've always wondered how/if it compared to Triple Paste. We'll have to give it a try when our Triple Paste runs low.

pritchettzoo
06-23-2004, 10:10 PM
There are many threads on it over at MDC--I don't remember if repelling was one of the concerns. I remember one mama didn't use it because of Balsam (?) being an allergen and another didn't want to use cortisone on her baby because of steroid concerns. I have no idea if these worries are valid (well, they're valid to the mamas who have them!)--I mean, validated? can't think of the right word...

If you search for "butt paste" over there, you'll get a ton of threads.

*gasp* Don't stain the Elbees! ;)

Anna

kitmama
06-24-2004, 11:25 AM
LOL, don't worry- I'm thinking about using it at night, in which case it would possibly stain my fleece liners, and maybe my Crickett's Diapers a little bit. I COULDN'T stain the Elbee! :)