PDA

View Full Version : Benjamuffin Diaper - Pics

new_mommy25
07-01-2004, 03:56 AM
I got my diapers the other day from http://www.benjamuffins.com I heard about them from a friend and they got good reviews on diaper pin. I am very pleased. The CS was great. The company is owned by two very nice ladies. I emailed them a few times before purchasing and they always responded very quickly.

I ordered one daytime diaper and two nightdreamer's. For the nightdreamers I ordered a side snap and a front snap just to see which I would prefer since it varies from brand to brand.

DS is 19 lbs. and 28 inches.

I really like the daytime diaper. It is very trim, yet quite absorbant. I ordered a velour inner and internal soaker. I thought the soaker would be sewn in all around like a cloud9softie but it was only sewn in on the side. That is only a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect the overall diaper. The diaper fit DS very well and I would purchase more. It cost $10. What a bargain!

Nightdreamer diapers are completely lined in fleece so baby feels nice and dry. There is a layer of french terry in the body. I ordered snap in soakers for quicker drying time. It consisted of a fleece lined snap in hemp soaker and a fleece lined sherpa doubler. I liked the side snap very much. The front snap was a little odd in that I thought the snaps were placed too close to the top. They meant that the flaps were sort of folding up. Again, not a big deal, just cosmetic. if I ordered front snap again I would request the snaps be placed a tad lower.

We are talking serious diaper butt!!! It was huge!! The good side is that it is a soft diaper butt. DS has had some nighttime combo's such as Nightly Newts which were so stiff he couldn't close his legs. He was very comfortable as far as I can tell.

DH got DS ready for bed last night so he was in a disposable :( I am trying the diapers for the first time tonight. I will post in the morning about whether it leaks or not.

Sorry the pictures aren't great. it's darn near impossible to get a picture of DS these days. he's all over the place!

Update:: We just went 12 hours in the diaper with not a single leak!! I am so pleased! And because it is completely lined in fleece DS didn't have to feel any wet, soggy hemp.

ETA! One of the ladies is pregnant so they're closing for custom orders Friday and not reopening until September. They will be periodically stocking the instock store. Just an FYI in case you decide to order :)

rrosen
07-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Angie-
You tell that adorable son of yours that you know of the perfect girl for him (born on the same day) in Massachusetts .

The diapers are so cute too!:P

toomanystrollers
07-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Hey Rebecca - you're in MA??? ME TOO :)

toomanystrollers
07-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Angie,
I think I need a "Rupert" dipe :)

rrosen
07-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Yup! In the Burbs west of Boston.

You?

toomanystrollers
07-01-2004, 01:12 PM
South Shore :)

new_mommy25
07-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Lol, Rebecca. That is too cool that they share a birthday. There is another mama here too with a 9/6 baby. I think they are Heather and Payton.

new_mommy25
07-01-2004, 02:07 PM
I think you need a Rupert dipe too :)

calebsmama03
07-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the review - off to order now!

What size did you get? DS is about the same size (28.5 in and 20lb)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

papal
07-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Those are beautiful dipes Angie!! I love the tie-dye one the best!! And is Noah WALKING?? He looks adorable.. love his curls.

jec2
07-01-2004, 07:36 PM
LOVE the tie-dye>!

mudder17
07-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Oooh! Angie, he's adorable! And the dipes look great! I have to second the CS. I just ordered 3 of the nightdreamers after lots of e-mail messages back and forth with Kimberly (the one who is expecting). She was so helpful and patient with me as I tried to figure out what I wanted and what size I should get, etc. Now that I've seen your pics and review, I'm doubly glad I placed the order. I did end up getting 3 aplix ones because DH prefers them--they're more adjustable. By the way, what diaper cover did you end up using for night time?

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

bobica
07-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Wow! He's so cute, and the dipes look great! I am SOOOO not buying anything now :( But, i'm such a sucker for nighttime solutions!

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 3/03

new_mommy25
07-02-2004, 02:58 PM
I got Mediums.

new_mommy25
07-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Eileen, I used the side snap the day I posted. But I used the front snap last night without a problem. I think I may like the front snap more then the side snap even though the snaps are in a strange location. I just get a better fit.

I'm glad you ordered the diapers! I really like aplix too and DS cannot get it off with a cover on. I just don't like picking lint out of the velcro after a wash.

mudder17
07-04-2004, 07:45 PM
I occasionally have the same problem when I forget to fold down the flaps during dipe laundry. But I'll post my review of the Aplix when I get mine. I can't wait--she just sent me e-mail saying they've been cut. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

madtowngirl
07-25-2004, 08:28 PM
These diapers look great! What covers do you use with the nighttime dipes?

mudder17
07-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Actually, the best cover we've found for night time are the Aristocrats. She seems quite comfortable in both the Benjamuffins + Aristocrats, but I can also use the Aristocrat with the ME OS or prefold with doubler. I definitely love this cover--I wish I could justify getting a second one, but I don't think that's going to happen... :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

new_mommy25
07-25-2004, 11:10 PM
I took the picture wearing a ME Airflow but I rarely use that at night. I was using wool for awhile but lately have been really into sugarpeas fleece at night. Please don't think I am crazy but I have a green and a blue sugarpeas cover and I like the way it matches the diapers. LOL!

mudder17
07-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Hee, hee! Either you're not crazy or we both are--I like to use the doublers that came with the diapers (rather than my kissaluv ones) because they match so well! :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004