PDA

View Full Version : Opinions re: one-size dipes

sareva
07-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Well, we're moving out of Ann Arbor (and baby is increasing in size) so I need to reconsider my stash since I'll ending my diaper service. I've been looking at 1-size dipes and wanted to hear your opinions/experiences with the following: growing greens, sammy's one size, lukes drawers, wonderoos, motherease and grow with me snap organic. I don't have a lot of money but have found that at times, PFs just don't work for us. Plus, having a fitted is better when I'm away from home. Zoe is a pretty small-to-average baby for her age thanks to reflux/feeding problems. She's not a very heavy wetter. I just want something that will absorb well, last us a while, and not break the bank (and is it too much to ask for something a little bit trim fitting?). And minimal poo explosions! Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
sarah
mom to zoe 3-28-04

tarahsolazy
07-08-2004, 05:48 AM
I haven't tried very many one-size dipes, but recently I've been loving the motherease one-sizes that I have (2). They are stretchy and soft, because they have some poly in them. Some folks are anti-poly, so thought I'd mention that. People are very pleased with the Wonderoos also, and you can get three for the price of two right now, so they are fairly economical, and you can stuff them with PFs to save money. Another option is Sugarpeas size one, stories are told of these fitting almost forever, or at least to 22+ lb. The Sugarpeas are very trim, and pretty absorbant, too, all that hemp. You can get Sugarpeas and Wonderoos at www.naturalbabies.com. I have had amazing CS there. Oh, and there are several good auctions on ebay right now for unused Motherease one-size, and good condition used ones. Used dipes can be a great way to try stuff and save money! Its not as gross as it seems at first glance.

toomanystrollers
07-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Sarah,
If she's not a very heavy wetter, I think Motherease would be perfect - I've used them on DS. Also, the wonderoos are on sale at a bunch of places: buy 2, get 1 free - some are offering free inserts too.

check out: www.zannadu.com

HTH

liya
07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
ME OS are bulky but work. :) they arent very absorbant as well but do the job. i recently made hemp snap in liners for them so they are working super well.... :)

Momof3Labs
07-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Growing Greens are decent for smaller babies, but definitely don't last much past 25lbs. I don't consider them a true one-size diaper.

I haven't tried Luke's Drawers OS but found their other diapers to be cute and soft but VERY bulky.

Motherease OS, in my opinion, are a pretty bulky one-size diaper and don't fit as well at the bottom of the range.

Have you considered Cuddlebuns? They are a little more expensive, but the bikini cut might work well for you.

sareva
07-08-2004, 07:18 PM
I hadn't heard of cuddlebuns before -- I'll look into them. Are they hyena dipes? I'm assuming that they'll be easy to find with google.

Checked out Zannadu website -- very cool. I think I will do some wonderoos with them and the ME sample from the ME site for $16.95. I'll also try a sugar peas size 1 from Natural Babies (I got all my PFs and some covers from her -- so nice and easy to work with). I haven't done pocket dipes but the baby blankets ones are very tempting.

Does anyone know if kissaluvs size 1 are more or less absorbent that the motherease OS? I loved the size 0s on Zoe.

Thanks for your help! Sarah

todzwife
07-08-2004, 10:40 PM
I have motherease and wonderoos. I LOVE the wonderoos for overnight, but my FAVORITE one size diapers are from www.muttaqinbaby.com They are trimmer than ME OS and are very absorbant > :) I am slowly working my way up to having a dozen of them. :) They are WONDERFUL!

Momof3Labs
07-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Cuddlebuns are actually licensed dipes, which means that any WAHM that purchases the license can sell them. You can even buy the pattern to use yourself. They are pretty much a fixed price, but the quality of the WAHMs can vary a bit. They aren't really a hyena dipe, though it can be hard to find a WAHM doing custom orders sometimes. Most of them have instock at any given time, though, and they often sell new dipes on eBay, too.

Kissaluvs size 1 dipes aren't terribly absorbent considering the size baby they go on. I would say comparable or less absorbent than ME OS, definitely not more absorbent.

new_mommy25
07-09-2004, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the link Shandelle. I haven't heard of these before. They look great.

newmomma
07-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi! Just wanted to tell you to check out www.tinytush.com. They make a one-size fitted diaper (in cotton flannelette or cotton fleece) that includes a snap-in liner all for the price of about $8.50 per diaper. Great price and the quality of the diapers is really good. I bought the deluxe package from the website (I chose to get 18 cotton flannelette & 12 cotton fleece, all in the snap variety). These dipes fit really well with the Bummis Super Whisper Wrap or Litewrap covers. Charlene at Tiny Tush has great customer service, too, in case you want to e-mail her with questions. HTH :-)

nitaghei
07-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Sarah,

If she's not a heavy wetter, the ME should be fine. I started using it when DS was about 7 months old, and he still has plenty of room. I also really, really like Babyblankets - though they aren't one-size. But they are trim. Wendi can make them with crossover tabs, so you can use them for longer. And, for a light wetter, the microfiber towels from Target/Walmart make great, cheap inserts. I use 2 for my DS even for 3 hour naps, and I've never had a leak.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD