PDA

View Full Version : Fitted diapers - how do your SugarPeas stand the test of time?

ChicagoMama
07-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Hello - here's another question for the experts :)

I need 8 more fitted diapers in order to CD both kids full-time. Currently, my stash consists of the following brands of fitted diapers:
SOS
Firefly (not the nighttime variety)
SugarPeas
Kissaluvs
Motherease One Size
Motherease Sandy's
Cuddlebums

I haven't had any real issues with any of these diapers -- they all seem to be performing well, with slight differences in fit and bulkiness. The SOS, Fireflys, and Sugarpeas are used most frequently.

I discovered that the Sugarpeas Size 2 will fit *both* kids...so I'm thinking of investing in more. I like the trim fit and the hemp dries faster than the SOS hemp. What do you think about your Sugarpeas in terms of being a "workhorse" in your stash? Meaning, these will be used all the time. How do they stand the test of time?

And since I'm in the market for fitteds, is there a brand out there that I have overlooked -- I don't want a hyena diaper, or a custom diaper -- just a simple web order and some diapers at my door.

Thanks in advance, once again, for all of your wonderful suggestions and help.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

pritchettzoo
07-12-2004, 05:53 PM
I've got 6 Sugarpeas that are part of the regular rotation--they've been used and washed every other day since DD was 2 weeks (she's almost 10 mos now). They look great. They don't stay as soft as they are originally, but that's the only change I've noticed. Also, I haven't (knocking wood) lost any snaps on my Sugarpeas.

I bought a Size 2 second right before they closed (supposedly there is a serging issue, but I can't see anything wrong with it). It's got green serging and a squash microfleece liner. I've never used it (it's still folded neatly) and was going to put it up on the Swap. I'm mailing your package out tomorrow morning--do you want this one too (at cost--$11.16)?

Anna

parkersmama
07-12-2004, 08:07 PM
My experience is pretty much the same as Anna's. I have probably 4 SP size 1 hemp, 1 sz 1 hemp old version (serging is *very* faded), 1 sz 1 organic cotton, and 3 sz 1 prints. They have all held up very well. The one that I've had the longest seems a bit thinner than the rest. The organic cotton and the prints seem to be the cushiest. The serging is still great on them all (except that one) as is the microfleece. They are a bit rougher (except the cotton one) but they have seemed to wash well and don't look worn or anything. I think having SPs as a work-horse will be fine. I use mine through pretty much every time and wash every 2/3 days.

ChicagoMama
07-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks, mamas! You are the best.

I just ordered the rest of my stash on naturalbabies.com ....Sugarpeas hemp fitted, organic cotton fitted, a snap-in......I even decided to try a wool cover and some super soaker doublers for fun.

Love, love, love these cloth diapers.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03