PDA

View Full Version : Wonderoos vs. Baby Blanket pocket diapers

ChicagoMama
07-14-2004, 10:43 PM
I have a bunch of new FuzziBunz on the way, since we tried those out and they worked great (thanks to Anna at www.babyomine.com), but I was thinking of adding a couple of other pocket diapers to our stash b/c they come in so handy for outings, sitters, grandma, etc.

Wonderoos are on sale buy 2 get 1 free on a couple of sites, so that makes them the same price at Baby Blankets right now.

Anyone have any comparisons? If size of kid makes a difference for your comparison, I have 12-13" chunky-thigh babies who are in the 23 lb and 33 lb range right now, and I'd like to have the diapers fit both kids simultaneously.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

rrosen
07-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Of all of the ones you mentioned (we have all three) the FB are my favorite. I can get the best fit in the waist and leg with those. Second favorite are the BBs, they fit well and I like the suedecloth vs. the fleece of the FB's. I am not a huge aplix fan though (I prefer snaps) so, I only have two of these. I do think they are cut for a slim thigh baby, though. I am not really feeling the wonderoo love. DD has a short rise so, I snap down, which creates a sort of bulge at the front. They work great and fit well around her thigh, though. I just can't get that trim, smooth fit of a FB with them. I do like the material they are lined with though. The fleece in the FB seem to pill and that bugs me a little. The wonderoos seem like they will look nicer longer.

I may be wrong (others may know better) but I don't think one size BB would fit both kids. They seem to run a little on the small size to me.

I hope I've helped a little?

ETA: If you are interested in the Wonderoos email me, I was going to put them on swap soon.

pritchettzoo
07-15-2004, 10:53 AM
I really like Ella's Pockets (www.ellasdiapers.com). I don't know how they would do with chunky thigh-ed babies, but her XLs seem to fit your range. The owner's name is Melissa, and she's been very helpful when I've emailed her with questions. She's mostly doing wholesale orders now, but I bet she would answer your fit question and direct you to someplace that had some in stock. IMO, they're trimmer than FBs--narrower through the crotch (I hate that word for some reason!), and they come with an insert so the price is around $15. They look very similar to Baby Blanket diapers to me, but I've never seen a BB in person. Also, Ella's are on the "approved list" of pocket diapers--Fuzzi Bunz patented the concept of pocket diapers and although I don't know/understand the technicalities, only pocket diapers listed on www.pocketdiapers.com are in compliance with the patent. Or something...

Anna

P.S. I'm glad you're enjoying the FBs! :)

lizajane
07-15-2004, 04:43 PM
i actually spoke to wendi at the baby blanket recently about the whole patent thing and i just wanted to make sure everyone knows that she is NOT in violation of the patent rules! she is waiting for a reply from mother of eden and will be on the pocket diaper site as soon as she hears back from them. just to make sure you all know that she is on top of it!!

pritchettzoo
07-15-2004, 08:06 PM
I wasn't trying to say Baby Blanket was violating patent rules--I didn't check for them on the site. The only reason I know that about Ella is because I was looking at buying them wholesale for my site (which for the record, I have not so I'm not pimping them to help myself!) and FB had a huge warning about selling other pockets.

Anna

lizajane
07-16-2004, 12:06 PM
i didn't think you were! really! i just worried someone else might check the site and think because the BB isn't there, that they are in violation. thanks for bringing the site to our attention. :)

houseof3boys
07-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Just LOL at you thinking you were pimping your goods! :)

Momof3Labs
07-16-2004, 03:53 PM
IMO, Baby Blankets are more for thinner thighs than FBs (the only two pockets we've tried). I really, really like Baby Blankets for Colin and have built up quite a stash of them!!

kijip
07-17-2004, 01:58 AM
I have a chubby chubster and we are loving the Wonderoos. I did not hjave them when we would have needed to fold them down so I do not have the same trouble the first response did. Toby is between your two in size and appears to have growing room. We have a great fit, easy clean and NO leaks. He sleeps 10-12 hours in them and we use them during the day (I save them for outing and use ME at home and prefolds as a wash day back up) but need to get more so we have enough.

nitaghei
07-20-2004, 03:55 PM
ITA with Lori. Babyblankets are great for kids with skinny thighs. I have more BBs than any other dipe in our stash.

They're inexpensive enough that it's worth getting one to try out.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

bjsgirl
07-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I started out with a huge stash of Fuzzi Bunz just before DS was born. I didn't know about the amazing variety of pockets.

I like the FBs, but he's huge! He's growing out of his size smalls at just over 2 months. They're leaving horrible red marks on his thighs.

So I just ordered 2 each of 4 different brands of pockets in size medium. I got Wonderoos (with one extra free), Ellas Pockets (I bought these in large because the size ranges run small), Happy Heinys, and Baby Blanket. I've been using them for 2 days. I still haven't figured out which I like best.

On first inspection, I liked the feel and finish of the Ellas best, and I didn't like the numerous snaps on the Wonderoos. I thought Aplix would be easier to fit properly, but it turns out the snaps on the Wonderoos do a really good job of making them fit--although the rise snaps are a bit of a pain.

The suedecloth on the Baby Blankets is actually the best of all of them when it comes to wicking--beter than FB. It just feels dry no matter how wet the insert.

You might buy a few Wonderoos while they're on sale and then buy more BBs later. You really can't beat the price of the BBs (except that Ellas all come with hemp inserts).

By the way, I figure that when I can't use the small FBs anymore, I'll take the hemp inserts, cut some of them in half, and sew them to the rest--instant larger inserts for larger diapers.

Sarah

brittone2
07-22-2004, 05:15 PM
I love our BBs and we now have like 8 or 10 of them, in addition to 3 medium FBs that I use most of the time. They have gotten some serious use, as I use them as our primary dipe. DS is a bit chunkier thighed and we haven't had a problem really, although I do agree that FBs are probably better for a thicker thighed baby. Haven't tried Ellas yet but when we order the next size up in pockets maybe I'll give them a whirl. I've been very happy w/ the BBs though and they seem to be wearing well and holding up well despite quite heavy use. I agree...I love the suedecloth and that it stays dry and doesn't wick. Someone on here suggested suedecloth to me when I was debating it vs. fleece for my first BB order and I'm forever thankful!