PDA

View Full Version : Sugarplum babies what were your reviews??

liya
07-15-2004, 11:41 AM
I keep looking at them but im so scared to give anything else a try. For those firefly fans out there what were youre reveiws on sugarplum baby? they look trim in the crotch but a little high in the rise area..

thanks
linda

Momof3Labs
07-15-2004, 02:06 PM
I like them okay (though I'm not a huge firefly fan - Colin's thighs are too skinny for those). Colin still wears a medium SPB, though he is in a large in almost everything else. The rise is quite high, and they are cut pretty trim. Of course, they aren't as absorbent as a Firefly. Bottom line, I think that they are made for long skinny babies. But the price (at least when I bought my two) is pretty unbeatable for a custom fitted!

toomanystrollers
07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
IMO - they run big and like Lori mentioned - high rise. I bought a medium for Neve, way back when, and her brother ended up wearing it with plenty of snaps to spare.

new_mommy25
07-15-2004, 06:06 PM
I agree with everyone else. We have mediums and still wear them on the tightest snap. IMHO the rise is a bit too high, but I'll Angie can shorten it if you ask. She's really nice. I wish she had cross over snaps.

cvharris
07-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Yes they are higher in the rise but just as trim. I really liked how the mediums fit on Ben (kind of sized between the medium large firefly), but the SPBs weren't very absorbant at all - mine had just two layers of hemp in the body and two layers in the soaker - four layers is not enough for my guy! I need twice as much. I'm wondering if she is doing them thicker now or maybe she can add more hemp if you ask. Also, I thought they needed more snaps - when he outgrew one setting, the next one so far apart that the diaper was loose. Maybe I'm spoiled by all the snaps on my other fitteds...

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

parkersmama
07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I agree with Carolee. They need more snaps! The fit and rise are pretty good for us. But there aren't enough snap settings for this to be a long-term diaper. They are absorbant enough for us but I'm trying to change her pretty frequently right now since it's so darned hot and humid! :) I like the narrow crotch in these.