PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian's Lot(advice needed LOL)

liya
07-16-2004, 11:30 AM
So ive never cloth diapered a newborn before and my nephew will be the first runner up. I will be staying with him fridays and saturdays while my sister takes her MA classes. She will be out for about 6 hrs each day and maybe more if she has to stay and look for info(she is in the thesis seminar stage already)...

I told her that i would use cloth diapers and she agreed. She thinks they are better for the environment but wont try them on her own(sigh)....So between used and new etc this is what i have...

10 Kissaluvs NB/S contours
12 Kissaluvs sz 0(lent by my gorgeous, intellectual friend)
2 Bummis NB
2 Rikky NB
3 NB Pull on Especially for baby covers
Small covers(again lent by my gorgeous friend so i dont know they amount LOL)!!
5 Bumkins Small covers
And another gorgeous friend is making me 6 of her cutie nb diapez..

I was going to buy:

2 dozen prefolds
- 1 infant
- 1 premium

and thats it :)...Since i know he could use either the ME OS or the fireflys(meds) i dont think i would need anything else...

Should i get ??

Baby blanket diapez(1 or 2) JIC we go out?
or any AIO?

I can make Honey Boys(very much my version LOL like the chilli diaper i posted a few months ago, narrow crotch and lower in rise) Should i ?? Or will his poop(she plans to BF) just roll out??

Also should i bother making him wool soakers?? Or should i make them for the small/med stage??

More NB diapers like xs sandys or something else??

Also...Do infant prefolds fold well in thirds or will i have to cut a section off like i did my premiums to make them smaller to fit into the cover??

Im soo lost.I think i might have everything and just need to buy those prefolds to trifold LOL... Sorry for the totally unorganized post LOL

TIA for all the help

toomanystrollers
07-16-2004, 09:26 PM
First of all, enjoy cd'ing a newborn :)

I used basically all infant cpf's (trifolded) and proraps for Neve's first 3 months so I definitely recommend grabbing some more prefolds.

I'd probably skip the aio's/pocket dipes 'til Sebastian gets a wee bit bigger.

Hmm, maybe check out: www.loveybums.com - I saw some newborn "seconds" posted for around $7.00 I haven't tried her stuff yet ;)

new_mommy25
07-17-2004, 06:49 PM
First of all, I LOVE the name Sebastian!!

I think that if you are only CD'ing him for two days a week you have more than enough diapers. I would get the prefolds too and be done with it.

LOL, let me know how it goes. SIL just found out she's preg and I'm trying to convince her to CD :)

daisymommy
07-18-2004, 11:39 PM
I haven't had a chance to CD a newborn yet either, but I didn get to see Honeymoonbaby 's newborn stash at a recent CD party, and she loved her sellin'threads and loveybums. The Loveybums diapers and wool covers looked wonderful. I'm definetly going to get some for my next baby. They even had true leg gussets!

Zansu
07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Intellectual? Maybe compared to a potted plant.... <lol>

I think I have 10 covers, 6 SWW and 4 proraps. But I still haven't gotten the diaper area organized after the move, so things are in various rooms, in drawers, in piles, etc.

The KS 0s are boxed up and ready to go. I also threw in a KS 1 that I found.

My infant premiums fold into thirds (along the seams) and fit into the covers just fine.