PDA

View Full Version : Washing coloured diapers

Dee
07-22-2004, 05:41 PM
I ordered a whole bunch of pocket dipes in funky colours, but just realized that it's going to be a big pain if I have to wash them seperately from my pre folds. Anybody have any experience with this? Can I wash them all together?

d.

rrosen
07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
I've never had a problem with any of mine. I do wash them alone the first time, just in case. I also dry my pockets one time in the dryer to 'set' the PUL but, after that line dry.

HTH

wendinbill
07-22-2004, 10:14 PM
I wash my red & royal blue fuzzi bunz right in with everything else! Never had any fading/bleeding.

pennstatecowgirl
07-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I always wash all my dipes and liners together and haven't had any problems with bleeding or fading. I use mostly pocket dipes (FBs, Wonderoos, etc.)

:)

Dee
07-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys! I feel relieved... I had visions of me having to do all these seperate loads of diaper covers.

d.

LittleMonkeyMom
07-23-2004, 12:48 AM
I had the same fear when I first bought a package of fuzzi bunz. I did wash the really bright covers separately the first time, and I threw in an old white washcloth to see if there would be a problem with fading. There wasn't, so from that point on, I've washed everything together and haven't looked back. :)

SAHM to Charlie Beth (3/29/2003) and three wild and wacky dogs.

nitaghei
07-23-2004, 10:11 AM
I wash all my dipes and inserts together, and I've never had any color run. And I have some interesting colors - red, aqua, bright blue, burgundy, teal, bright yellow, forest green. The only thing I've had the color run is the blue microfiber towels from Target that I use as inserts for the pocket dipes.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

stillplayswithbarbies
07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
The only trouble I have ever had with diapers bleeding colors is in the diaper pail. A red velour diaper bled onto whatever it touched. But it all washed out.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03