PDA

View Full Version : I now have my dream stash, so I must stop buying - musings on fluff

tarahsolazy
07-23-2004, 07:53 PM
OK, I offically now have my dream stash, at least until DS outgrow it.

30 prefolds, some premium IPF, some premium CPF, a few regular CPF
5 Valor Kids fitteds, for the fun print factor
2 Tykies fitteds, ditto above
5 brand new Elbees, 4 Med, 1 small
9 used Elbees, Med
5 knickernappies Disposanot pockets, for outings (although I'm not a huge pocket fan)

Bummi's, Green Earth, a Bumpy, and a couple of wool covers

This is the first time since I started this seven months ago, that I have been completely pleased, with no desire to buy anymore. I wondered if that day would ever come.

Does this sound like way too many diapers for one kid? I know I have a lot of prefolds, but we use them for burp cloths, in bed under his head, etc.

I have this irrational desire to take pictures of all the diapers, in categories. Am I crazy?

And, I added up the costs, informally, and I've definately spent more than on sposies. But with all the selling of dipes I didn't like, etc, it wasn't as bad as I thought. If I don't buy anything for 2 months, I break even. Then, the savings begins. And, I could spend as little as enough for 6 large covers and be set til potty training. (More likely, I'll buy some large fitteds, but I hope not for several months)

So, I'm feeling content, and somewhat proud that I've stuck with the CD thing, and happy that this actually is turning out to be economically useful as well.

lizajane
07-23-2004, 07:56 PM
my mediums lasted MORE than a year! we are STILL using some medium covers at 16 months. granted, my baby is skinny. but still. you may be surprised at how long your stash will last, and therefore at how much you really did save!!! plus, if you have plans for another babe...

mudder17
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Congratulations! I'm hoping to come out ahead as well. I've spent a fair bit on diapers as well, but I made some mistakes along the way as well. There are some things (such as the All-Together-Diaper Co., AIO's) that I wouldn't have bought in the first place. And there are definitely some covers I wouldn't have gotten. But live and learn and now I'm ready for the next kid, right? ;-) And I'm getting some things together to sell on DiaperSwap.

Incidentally, this is what I'm using right now:

36 premium IPF, EPF, CPF
3 Benjamuffin Nightdreamer fitted
Bummi SWW, Literap
Aristocrat, Bumpy Wool
ebay Wool soaker, OrangeBlossom Wool, CutiePatootie Wool, AJ'z wool soaker to come

I'm a recent wool convert, but I THINK I'm done for a while. The PFs and Benjamuffins should fit her for a while now, as should the wool covers...

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

new_mommy25
07-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Woo-Hoo, I'm so glad you are happy. I've been feeling the same way too. In fact, a few of my favorite WAHM's are open for custom orders right now and I haven't bought a thing. If it makes you feel better, I have a folder on my computer as well as another on shutterfly completly devoted to diapers. And they are all categorized too. You are not alone, hee hee. I've been diapering for about 6 months and I've really learned my lessons in what I like and don't like.

Here is my current stash:

8 sugarpeas size 1
4 firefly's medium
5 cloud 9 softies medium
3 sugarbums
1 benjamuffins fitted
2 RB Flags size 1
2 ME OS with doublers
2 Sugarplumbaby medium
12 reg UBCF
2 benjamuffins nightdreamers
2 Nikky covers 12 months
1 Bumpy Day medium
1 Green Earth medium (huge!)
1 Bummi SWWW medium
1 ME Airflow
2 doodlebottom pockets
2 heavenly heiney AIO's
3 nylon pull on Basic Connection (same brand as litewraps)
3 Woolybumbums (1 wrap, 2 pull on)
2 Angelwraps wool jersey wraps medium
1 Biobottoms wool wrap large
1 Aristocrat Large
2 sugarpeas fleece
(I have lots more diapers not in current rotation that I'm either trying to sell or saving for baby #2)

I think I have way too many diapers right now, but I can't bear to get rid of anything. I hardly use my CPF's they are my last resort.

daisymommy
07-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Holy-Cow Angie! Thats a lot of diapers! (and covers!) I should shopw your list to my DH, then maybe he wouldn't be on my case so much about having too many diapers. He thinks I'm the only one with a diaper addiction!

new_mommy25
07-24-2004, 03:46 AM
LOL, Amy. I thought I was pretty mild compared to some of the mama's on MDC :)

bobica
07-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Mild DEFINITELY compared to MDC mamas! LOL

I'm still not pleased, constantly tweaking & needing to swap & sell (almost at 60 days :) ) Let's see, in our rotation (not in the bag in the closet until i can sell them...)

Diapers-
2 MEOS
3 Simply Cloth AIO's
1 LHC AIO
1 Daisy Doodle AIO
1 doz IPF
15 CPF- assorted colors
3 LLL nighty newts
3 LLL salamander soakers
1 Toot Sweet fitted (very pettable)
1 Firefly sleeptight
1 Firefly pink fitted

on the way- 3 beccabottoms- 1 pocket & 2 AIO
daisy doodle custom- probably getting 2 AIO

Covers-
2 (or 3 can't remember :) ) ME airflows
1 Sugar Peas wool side snap night weight
2 stacinator fleece
4 Bummis SWWW
1 Bumkins vented
2 Simons Custom Cloth- 1 fleece & 1 wool (my absolute new favorite)
3 Loveybums WIO's (just got & am liking a lot!)

on the way- wool being dyed for Flicker-n-Suds soaker

Whew! It's all over the place & i am definitely looking to streamline! I'm going to thin some fitteds (less confusion for dh) but keep some for her to run around coverless in. We have tried ALL KINDS of diapers (just sold a honeyboy on ebay & have happy heiny's & some fitteds to sell/swap) & are really feeling better about what works & doesn't for us. :)

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 3/03

lizajane
07-24-2004, 11:03 AM
i am too compulsive to have that many different kinds of diapers and covers! i wouldn't be able to decide how to organize and store them after every single wash!! LOL!!

i like that all my prorap covers sit in one basket, all my premium CPFs are folded into a basket, my standard CPS folded into their basket, and my FBs and BBs are prestuffed and stacked into a basket, and my fleece liners are folded into their own basket. with a small basket in the middle for cloth wipes, the spray bottle, diaper cream and snappis.

imagine all the baskets i would need with your stash! LOL!!

looks like a lot of fun, though! gotta admit!

bobica
07-25-2004, 12:37 PM
you'd be surrounded by baskets LOL!!!!! yeah, i really really want to simplify, but am having a hard time with decisions! someone save me! ha ha ha

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 3/03

liya
07-25-2004, 07:57 PM
That is sooo cool!! Im hopelessly addicted LOL..i havent bought any diapers lately(except for Sebastian my nephew)>>>>And i think ive bought more CPFs than anything for him....No cutsie addiction there LOL....I do currently have problems with Ari taking off his diaper and loving to wiz right after (rolleyes) LOL but oh well what can i do....He can even take off the front snapping ones we have and ss ones just dont work on his chunker thighs....

Ive defiantely stopped buying though LOL all in all...Im just upgrading some stuff in size and im getting most of the stuff on trades(good deals too :) ).....

And no your not crazy about taking pics..LOL i have pics of the stash..Ive even kept pics of stuff i really loved but had to sell because of the size issue....

BTW thats a great stash :)

nitaghei
07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
>
>I have this irrational desire to take pictures of all the
>diapers, in categories. Am I crazy?

No. Unless I am too! :) I've considered doing it, but the thought of providing DH with *that* much ammunition about having lost my mind has stopped me so far.

I'm really happy with my current stash. I think. We have:

7 Babyblankets
5 Petite Toddler FBs (thinking about getting rid of 2 of these because I recently bought)
2 Diaperworks fleece pockets
3 Daisy Doodles (with extra inserts)
1 Sugarpeas fitted
1 Sugarpeas snap-in
1 Sugarpeas fleece cover
1 ME fitted
1 ME Air-flow cover

I'm hoping we will get through potty-training on this stash.

Packed away, in faint hopes of #2: 2 Little Lambs AIOs, 1 Bumkins AIO, 2 Kissaluv fitteds (unless someone buys them from me!) 2 medium FBs; a few CPFs and a Proraps cover.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD