PDA

View Full Version : Panic! My mom put the Bumpy Wool through the cd laundry!

papal
07-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Is it ruined forever. It looks brilliantly clean and the label said that it can be machine washed. But all this time i was just Eucalaning it.
Do i just use it as is.. or do i need to Eucalan it??
Thanks! This is dh's fav cover, so we are panicking slightly.
BTW, Natasha and Anna.. we are loving the BB and FB pockets at night... they work brilliantly! Thanks Nita for your suggestion.
You won't believe it, but i use both LJ or MOE inserts and they are super soaked by the morning.. well, i guess this is because Leela is waking every hour and only goes back to sleep if she is nursed.. so fluid intake is a lot.

Momof3Labs
07-27-2004, 03:36 PM
As long as it still fits Leela, it isn't ruined. (Now my FuzEasy that went through the wash a few weeks ago - it shrunk 1-2 sizes, so was ruined.) I would probably re-lanolize it, though, just in case. It wouldn't hurt!

nitaghei
07-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh no! Don't have advice re the wool (never used it) - but I would agree with Lori on general principles! :) If it hasn't shrunk, probably lanolizing would take care of it. I have washed wool sweaters in the washer, and they haven't shrunk. So you may be okay.
My understanding is that Eucalan is the stuff to clean it, right? Sort of like Woolite? So it's already clean, but I'd bet money that the washer stripped the waterproofing that lanolin provides.

Glad that pockets are working out for you! Also, I would highly recommend a Knickernappie, when Leela can fit into a medium, and when Aherne starts restocking. Great fit for skinny legs, and Neel still has a hard time undoing the snaps. I HAVE to have him in one-piece PJ when I use the BBs.

And my sincerest sympathy on the waking to nurse every hour. BTDT. Sigh. Sending sleep vibes to Leela. Is she worse because you have house guests? Neel reverted to the multiple wakings up each night when my parents were here, and gradually went back to sleeping decently after they left.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

jec2
07-27-2004, 11:28 PM
I think I read a few weeks back (@ MDC) the Aherne was closing shop sometime in August. You might want to double check and see and email her for an order if you want/need something.

tarahsolazy
07-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Nope, it was a false alarm! She was gonna close up, but she and her DH realized it made more sense for her to stay open, and put her kids in preschool a few afternoons a week, so she could sew. Whew! The only pockets I like are her Disposanots.