PDA

View Full Version : Sammy's one size from Babymarketplace??

calebsmama03
07-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Anyone ever tried these? I'm eyeing cheaper cloth/one sized systems to help my sis buy a stash if I can lure her into cd-ing, that is!! She is due in Feb so I have tons of time, but she'll be a single mom and on a VERY limited income, so I'll likely be buying most of her stash for her. If anyone has reviews of these, or other good and affordable one or two size systems, I'd appreciate it!

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

todzwife
07-28-2004, 11:49 PM
I bought one, but I sent it back. It had horrible wing droop...but it was fluffy and soft and would work fine if you have a good cover over it. :D

calebsmama03
07-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks Shandelle. Maybe it's not such a good option... Any suggestions (anyone) for a good, affordable, system that will be easy enough that she won't give up? I know PFs are easiest, but I can't imagine her using them for long! Heck, I can't even figure them out and I'm pretty dedicated to cloth, LOL! Looking for fitteds preferably!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

daisymommy
07-29-2004, 06:16 PM
What about buying some used Motherease one-size diapers and Dappi pull on covers on Ebay? I think they are good affordable diapers, that are easy, and you can get some that are still in great condition on Ebay.

Momof3Labs
07-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah, ME OS or even Sandies (which would be a two-size diaper) would be my suggestion. You can get used MEs for great prices since they aren't a "hot" diaper. Though you will probably have to upgrade to something more absorbent for nighttime use.

nitaghei
07-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Third the ME. I absolutely never felt the prefold love. Though I'm a dedicated pocket dipe user, the one fitted I really have liked all along is the ME. I'd definitely get more for #2, if there ever is one. I also liked the Little Lambs fitteds. They're pretty inexpensive, I think. Sort of regret selling them now.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

calebsmama03
07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Nita-
Did the LL fitteds work well for you then? I've heard less than glowing reviews about their containment of BF poop and absorbancy so I was hesitant, but those are VERY affordable!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

nitaghei
07-30-2004, 05:26 PM
They worked really well for us. I had 2 fitteds which I sold (and I've definitely had seller's remorse) and 2 AIOs, which I still have. But keep in mind that I didn't start CD'g until DS was about 7 months old, so I don't know how they would work for a new-born. OTOH, even though DS had started solids by then, his poop was pretty runny and messy. I never had a leak with either the fitteds or the AIOs other than a couple that were due to user error.

The tri-fold hemp soakers are pretty absorbant, I think. They handled 3 hour naps with no problem. Never used them at night, though. But they were /are an excellent day diaper for us. I'm pretty sure I'll get some more if we have a second child, since I don't have any in smaller sizes.

I haven't tried the one-size dipes Jen has now, so I can't vouch for them. But I got all 4 in a large when we started, and DS still fits into the 2 AIOs we have, though the rise is getting a little low (he's pretty short waisted). So they might be a good option just after the new-born stage.

The less expensive dipes have worked for us, so I've been able to resist the lure of the "cool" dipes (mostly). :) Which is a good thing, because the only justification for CD'g that is even remotely acceptable to DH is economy.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD