PDA

View Full Version : Monkey AIO, not Cover: Contrary experience

nitaghei
10-20-2004, 12:26 PM
(Also posted on the other Monkey dipe thread)

Hi everyone,

I got the monkey AIO (not cover) in a large; it came yesterday. I was really freaked after I read these threads, but I went ahead and tried it on. Here's my review.

It is bulky, but that's fleece. At least for me, the size seems okay. I fully anticipate being able to use for the next several months, hopefully until potty training. I still have several snap settings left for my 25 lb., 21 month old, 34-35 inch tall boy. Admittedly, he has a short rise. The large is quite a bit shorter than the large SP cover I have, but for me, at least, it works, because the SP comes way over his waist. The embroidery is perfectly centered (no lettering). I really like the soaker design. The top part is microterry topped with microfleece, and it has an additional snap in doubler that is hemp. I can also snap out the soaker, and use it as a cover. So, I, at least, am happy thus far with the monkey dipe. Which is a good thing, because I paid $20 for mine.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

new_mommy25
10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
I am so glad you are happy with your AIO. Do you have any pictures?

nitaghei
10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
No pics as yet, sorry! I just tried it on DS for a minute last night before bedtime to check the size out and allay my anxiety. :) Given our schedule, I doubt I'll be able to get pics until the weekend - but I'll try!

Nita

papal
10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Oh Nita! I am so relieved to hear that! I would love to see pics too if you get a chance!

nitaghei
10-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Ack! I was going to put in the wash - and one of the snaps came off! I'm sure Lark will fix it - I just haven't emailed her as yet. And now that I look at the cover more carefully, the design is slightly off-center, but it's no biggie for me. It would drive a perfectionist crazy, though.

Nita