PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad CD mom.....

steph2003
10-26-2004, 02:23 PM
DS came down with an infection this past weekend - fever & runny nose. Turns out ear infection! He also had diarrhea, sorry if TMI! But I just couldn't deal with the cloth & the way messy diapers. So yeah, I put him in the dreaded sposies & until we get back to feeling better. Of course what a waste of money since I was changing him so much & could have just been washing cloth ones. Now he has the worst rash ever so I feel even worse, I splurged on Burt's Bees rash creme because I felt so bad for him.

mudder17
10-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Aww...poor Griffin! When DD had diarrhea, I just tossed the diapers into the toilet and sprayed a lot! It was definitely not fun, so I hear you! And trying to keep on top of his illness and trying to make him feel better AND trying to do the whole CD thing, I can understand wanting to just toss sposies on him. And if it makes you feel better, the rash probably came not from the sposies, but from his acidic poop. I hope he feels better soon! Try some BS soaks for him.

Oh, and here's something that might make you laugh (or cry?). I had a friend who had a babe who got sick. They used sposies, and had to keep changing her because of the diarrhea. Well, it leaked onto her clothes, so they had to change her clothes. Then it leaked onto her bed, so they did a back up set of bedclothes. Then it leaked on her bed again, so they had to strip her crib and put her on their bed. Well you can guess what happened next--yup, right on their bed. In the end, they just put several layers of towels under her! It wasn't fun, but now they look back on it and laugh. :) So they ended up having to do quite a bit of laundry, even if they don't CD. ;-)

Hope he feels better soon!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting