PDA

View Full Version : so frustrated with nighttime and hate all covers but proraps

lizajane
10-27-2004, 01:34 PM
while we wait on our 3 more pairs of PT FBs, we are stuck using sposies a few nights/week. i moved up to size 5 cruisers AND added a 2 layer hemp fleece doubler to the sposie and he still soaked his jammies. it doesn't help that he sticks his hand down his diaper and pushes it down too low. i am so frustrated. we can't put him in one piece pajamas, to keep his hands out of his diaper, because his "lovey" is his belly button. seriously. if he can't stick his finger in his belly button while he sucks his thumb, he freaks out and wakes up screaming. (goofy kid.)

and i got a bumpy night cover because everyone just went on and on about bumpys. i got the night cover knowing that schuyler would need it during the day. well he just soaked through it AGAIN for the billionth time in only 2 hours, with a premium prefold AND a hemp fleece doubler. after drinking only one sippy of milk. not to mention that i hate the way it fits his waist. i don't feel like i can get it tight because the elastic is so stretchy and the velcro closures are those tiny little strips. so i have to fasten it right in the middle, then the corners fall down at the leg because there is no velcro there to grab them. i also hate my snappi wrap and litewrap because they are giant and may never fit. i guess they will all end up on the swap, but i feel like i am "supposed" to save them long enough to see if the brother needs them. but i don't want to save them when i KNOW all my proraps ALWAYS work and have always worked, while he was a super chunk of a 3 month old and while he is a skinny minny of a 19 month old. i hate that i wasted money trying something different when what i had was totally fine. and now i know, what i had was totally better.

i do love my pockets, though. so prefolds, proraps and pockets. that is all i want.

and while i am MOANING AND GROANING like a big fat whiner... schuyler cries whenever i use a cloth wipe (velour) so i am back to using target wipes. it makes me sad, but i don't know what to do.

can you tell that i am having a bad day? i can't seem to get enough to eat while chasing my sweetie in the am, so my pregnant body shuts down and my brain starts the "woe is me" thing...

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
If we didn't cover over the diaper of choice at night (we pocket and cover and sometimes firefly and voer but the FF are so wet that I think it is cruel on him so I don't do it often) we would have leak city...we have done this for a few weeks now and no leaks...but the covers are almost only good for one use this way since they have a stinch of urine in the morning and are very wet...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

tarahsolazy
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry you're having a bad day! IKWYM about the trying stuff. I sort of wish I'd stuck with prefolds, Bummi's and Green Earths, and a FB or two. I have done too much buying and selling. I hope your super-peer slows down for you, or your PT FBs come soon!

new_mommy25
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Yikes Liza, I am so sorry. Have you tried putting a prorap OVER the disposable?

egoldber
10-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Have you tried a sidesnapping cover like the Motherease Airflow? I loved the Airflows. They were foolproof for me and DD was a VERY heavy wetter.

HTH,

daisymommy
10-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Another vote for Mother Ease Airflows. Joshua is a super-soaker just like Schuyler, and no leaks with the Airflows. He can't wear them anymore though because his chubby legs get red marks. So, they are sitting here waiting to be worn by baby #2 or Josh when he slims down someday (will that ever happen? LOL!). So, you are welcom eto try one out if you'd like. They are a size Large, so not sure if they'd be too big in the thighs for him? Just let me know if you're interested.

mudder17
10-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Actually, I believe I also have a medium airflow that I'm not using, so if Large is too big, you're welcome to try my medium.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

lizajane
10-27-2004, 08:29 PM
you are so great! i was going to say i would just buy one. then i checked the size chart and it says large starts at 27lbs. schuyler is 27 lbs. so i am worried i would buy a large and then have it be enormous, like our litewrap and snappiwrap. so yes- i would love to try it. thanks thanks!! i will email you.

KrisM
10-27-2004, 10:34 PM
I have a medium airflow. It's listed as 10-20 lbs. We're on the medium waist snap and the smallest thigh snap and DS is just over 20 lbs! I know DS is on the skinny side, but still, we have a long way to go in this cover. I imagine if Schuyler is skinny, the large would be gigantic.

egoldber
10-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Just remember that the large has a much higher rise than the medium. Especially for a nighttime diaper with a lot of bulk, you may need a large for the extra room in the rise.

Also, ME makes a M/L. My DD wore the M/L for a long time, from when we started CDing at 14 months until she was over 2.

HTH,

pritchettzoo
10-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Another vote for the Airflow. If they work for you, you can dye them and make them snazzy! :)

And I have a sneaking suspicion your FBs should be on their way to you tomorrow! ;)

Anna

lizajane
10-28-2004, 11:00 AM
i have a sneaking suspicion that i am VERY excited about getting my new FBs. ;)

well, we had great luck last night. the FBs were finally clean and he wore his fleece jammie pants (and top), which are a lifesaver. (carters outlet- $9. not so cute designs, but he looks super cute in them and LOVIN' that the pants don't suck up diaper pee.)

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
I am almost certain T's airflows are size Large...and I've had them I guess two months now...he is 28lbs!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan