PDA

View Full Version : Look at Forrest's Wooly Wonderpants!

tarahsolazy
10-29-2004, 05:08 PM
I knit these myself, believe it or not! They are my second project, and I think they turned out pretty well. They taught me many knitting lessons, and that long pants should cost about $100, given how long it takes to make them!

rrosen
10-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Great job! From the second picture I would say that Forrest is certainly comfortable in his new pants!

papal
10-29-2004, 05:53 PM
LOL. Love that lounging picture!! And Forrest is STANDING already?!!! Umm.. wasn't it just like yesterday that he was laying all snug in your MnM in the hospital?!! He has grown so much!!!
Great job on the pants.. i have no idea how you guys are so crafty!

jec2
10-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Those are great! So colorful. What a sweetie you have :)

ALLEYCAT
10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
WOW, great job! If you have time for that you can't be Dr.Lazy! I love the photos, but would even more if we could see those sparkling eyes.

tarahsolazy
10-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, he likes to stand if you place him against the couch, still a little too fat to pull himself up, LOL!

houseof3boys
10-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Oh, they are so cute!!!! I love love love the colors. :)

mudder17
10-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Tarah, they're so awesome! I love the colors! Forrest looks so comfortable in them. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

pritchettzoo
10-29-2004, 08:45 PM
How the heck do you have time to knit?

Those are *amazing*! I love the yarn choice. He looks very pleased with his new pants. :)

Anna

mommyj_2
10-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Those pants are gorgeous. I can't believe those are only your second project.
And the model is adorable too :)

jillc
10-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Forrest looks like such a sweet & cozy little chubster in his adorable pants!! :) Great job!

I have no idea how you find the time to knit... I took a knitting class a few years ago, and so far I have started 5 scarves... and finished one of them. I also started a gorgeous baby blanket before I was pregnant w/Abby, and then as soon as the first trimester sleepiness hit, I took a break from the knitting... and haven't picked it up since!! Now I feel so busy with my new "hobby", I haven't even attempted to finish my knitting projects. :)

toomanystrollers
10-30-2004, 05:24 AM
LOVE THEM!! Way to go mama :) And Forrest's such a cutie - look at that pudge!

steph2003
10-30-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm drooling! What talent!!!

Forrest is one cute little guy sporting his wool!

cvharris
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Tarah,

They are so cute! And so is your babe - he is getting big! I am impressed with your knitting skills! Did you take the Wooly Wonder class? I am signed up for the Winter pants class that starts tomorrow.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

quikeye
10-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Awesome job Tarah! :) I just started learning to knit (teaching myself, already have like 4 projects in the works!) & I'm impressed! Do you mind if I ask what size circs you needed and the gauge/type of yarn you used? I think your pants are absolutely adorable, even though we don't cd.

I love how big your boy is!! :)

tarahsolazy
10-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Yep, I did, and it was very helpful with learning short rows, and the magic loop method for knitting both legs on one circ. Very good dyeing instructions, also, although I'd done that before.

kitmama
10-31-2004, 11:08 PM
AAH! SO darling! And what a fantastic job on the pants! Now you've got me thinking I should try some. . . but would I finish them before summer? (LOL!) I agree, the colorway is beautiful. I can't believe how much Forrest has grown since I last saw a pic! What a cutie.

Considering what else you've got going on in your life, how DID you find the time to knit those? Wow!

tarahsolazy
11-01-2004, 10:00 AM
These are knit from the wooly wonderpants pattern at www.woolywonder.com its a great pattern, and Pam, the author, is so nice, great pattern support. They are knit with bulky yarn, Bartlett's 3ply from fabricconnection.com. The body was knit on a 16 in 7 circ, and the legs were knit simultaneously on a 40 in 7 circ. I think the gauge was 4 stitches per inch... I think wool knitted pants look so cute on kids, regardless of what diaper is on underneath. Go for it, Kai needs some. Although, I am sure we could rec some fluffy dipes for underneath, too, LOL!

calebsmama03
11-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Tarah -
Awesome job!!! THose look great, and what a BIG BOY Forrest has become :) I MUST learn to knit!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05