PDA

View Full Version : OK, I've had it! I need a mini shower! Please tell me where I should buy one.

rrosen
11-04-2004, 12:27 PM
I will spare you all the details of the poops I have dealt with today but, they are the straw that broke this camels back. I want a mini-shower NOW! So spam me Mamas, where should I purchase one? Are there different models? Are they hard to install? And most importantly will they wash off dried cranberries and raisins? Oh, the things we do for the love of our babes!

mommyj_2
11-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Naturalbabies has some in stock with $1 shipping right now.
http://store.naturalbabies.com/products/

I think there's only one model, and it should be pretty easy to install. My DH installed it pretty quickly.
And, yes, it should be able to spray off dried raisins and cranberries. LOL
The mini-shower is one of the best inventions ever. You'll be so glad your dunking days are over.

todzwife
11-04-2004, 12:55 PM
there is a co op going for them :)
Here is the email
I have sold the last one out of my store and I am needing to
restock. Is anyone interested in doing another diaper sprayer coop?
There are 2 kinds - one is your typical attach to the comode sprayer
and it is 20.00 each. They also have ones that attach to your sink
and have a little pin that you pull out to re-direct the water out
the sprayer or out the faucet. This one is 21.00 and comes in 2 hose
lenghts of 6 feet or 12 feet. Both come with warrantees and mounting
brackets. The sprayers are white. I can't live with out mine - I
think they are great. There is a 1.00 coop fee to cover printing
postage and tape. Shipping is with a flat rate envelope to save on
shipping so you can add 3.85 for shipping for every 2 that your
order. If you are ordering 4 or more do not add shipping and I will
have them drop shipping (I forget how much he told me for that)
These are the Therablue brand. If you want to see pics there are
some on my website at www.drybees.com If you want to put them in
your online store feel free to copy the pics of my website to use on
your own - they are Therablue's pics and can be shared if you are
selling them. These are being cooped by me and can not be combined
with any other shipping from Jackie. If you are out of the country
and are getting a package from Jackie it is cheaper for me to send
them to her and have them come with your package then for me to ship
them straight to you, however it will take longer. Paypal needs to
be sent to my addresses so that I have your ship to addresses handy.
I think that covers all of it. LMK if you have any questions.

Lisa
funded: adkins3@ charter.net
credit: ccsales@ drybees.com (please add fees)

LINK:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fleeceandfabriccoop/
Hope that helps someone- I have the sink one and LOVE it!

papal
11-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Cranberries and Raisins!! Are you practising recipes for Thanksgiving?
I am going to get one too.. i just emailed Lisa.. thanks Shandelle!

alkagift
11-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Shandelle,
Do we have to join the group to participate or can we just send our payment in?

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

rrosen
11-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Actually, I was bribing her to be quiet at the mall yesterday! They are her favorite and reserved for emergency bribes because they always result in a gross day like today!

calebsmama03
11-04-2004, 05:12 PM
UGH! I wish I'd waited to get mine - I paid $34 from Trish at Lilbunz. Her service was great though! I got it a month ago and TOTALLY could have waited and saved the $$ since it is STILL sitting in C's bathroom waiting to be installed! :( Grrr... I'm going to start saving all the poopies for DH to dunk and rinse if he doesn't install it TODAY!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

houseof3boys
11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
LOL! Raisins are my bribery food too. :)

pritchettzoo
11-04-2004, 07:55 PM
We got a minishower from the last co-op. I got the toilet-mount kind which is not yet mounted because DH looked at it and said, "Huh?" and then we lost it in the bowels (no pun intended, well, okay go ahead) of what is our "dressing room" area (fancy-sounding name for the screwed-up floorplan that is our master bedroom-closet-bathroom area).

I remember reading a horror story about the sink-mount on MDC, so maybe do a search before you decide.

We're using the shower thingie in our regular tub as a mini-shower. I really, truly hope that all waste water goes to the same place. And we're using lots of Clorox spray... :P

Thanks for the craisin visual. My fave is kiwi seeds, personally. It looks alien.

Anna

mudder17
11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
We got the minishower from WeeBees (an Australian maker, I think) and totally love it. It was extremely easy to install into our toilet and was actually done before DD showed up. :)

Love the craisins visual. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

ALLEYCAT
11-04-2004, 08:57 PM
It is actually very easy to install. I did it myself.
First you need flexible supply hose, the toilet may already have it, look at it and see. Then turn off the water. Flush. Next untwist the top of the supply, put the adapter on and hand tighten. Put the supply hose onto the bottem of the adapter and Voila. Minishower is done. I have no leaks after hand tightening. No tools needed!

If you need the flexible tubing(I did) measure the distance from the bottem coupling to the top one. MIne was the length of my forearm with my hand in a fist. Almost everywhere sells the flex tubing, Walmart, Ace, Target and of course HD or Lowes. It took longer to type this than it did to install. The bottem coupling on mine did ned an adjustable wrench to get off then just reattatch the new tubing and follow the previous instructions. It will probably take longer to find the thing in the black hole of the closet than to install. Go do it without delay, it is soo much easier.

alkagift
11-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I wanted to let everyone know that the source that Shandelle listed (Lisa from Drybees) will be putting in her Mini-Shower order on Monday, so you still have time!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

houseof3boys
11-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, I succumbed and bought one on ebay for a little less than lilbunz (same kind). It took DH about 5 minutes to install it and that's because it is a really narrow space in Ryan's bathroom. He has used it twice (I fortunatelty have not had to yet :)) and said it reminds him of a kitchen sprayer. He said that he could see how it would be nice on a messy poop though. It is pretty powerful from what I saw!

We have a new toilet and plumbing so we didn't need to buy any adapters or anything for the install.

KrisM
11-11-2004, 11:28 PM
I was just looking for this, too. www.softclothbunz.com has them on sale for $29.95.

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Yikes, I don't even know how to turn off the water!!

supercalifragilous
11-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Dang, I've been on and off this minishower fence and everytime DD has a creamy poopy I kick myself for not actually going through and purchasing one!!! I think I will finally break down buy one now!!! It seems like it's one of those things where once you get one, you don't know how you got along without it, right? :P

tarahsolazy
11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Oh, its easier than it sounds, Angie! There's a handle, right on the water supply hose, that turns a valve to shut the water off to the toilet. Same with the sink. Check out your potty next time you visit it.