PDA

View Full Version : Long overdue post. I went to Malden Mills. I have fleece.

rrosen
11-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I went a while ago and have been lazy about posting this. I went to the retail store at Malden Mills and bought tons of remnants. I have lots of smaller pieces of 100 and 200 weight fleece and two larger pieces of Windpro. The smaller pieces are in many diffent colors all nice IMO. I picked up boy colors, girl colors and gender neutral colors. One of the pieces of Windpro is an Olive Green it is approx. 2.5 yards. The other is Navy blue and not a measured piece. I would estimate about a yard though. The olive green is a more uniform cut the blue was in the remnant pile and is not a uniform cut. The other pieces are not uniform or measured.

The fabric itself was a great deal. The Olive windpro was $9.99 and retails for $9.99 a yard at the store. The other pieces were sold by the pound. I still have several pounds left.

OK so here is the downside. I sent Anna some fleece already and it is expensive to mail. It is such nice fleece that it is heavy. Plus, the larger pieces need to be sent in boxes because I can't find large Tyvek mailers anywhere.

I would love to share this with my BBB friends. I am NOT looking to make any money. I would just ask you to cover the cost of what I send you and shipping. But, I don't want it to be complicated. I am not going to start measuring the remnant pieces or taking pictures of colors. I would like to sell the windpro as is and not start cutting it up.

If you are interested in some fleece email me at mom2elle2003 @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

I know NOTHING about Sewing so don't ask!!!

mudder17
11-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Not exactly a sewing question, but what type of fleece would make good diaper pants?

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

rrosen
11-04-2004, 02:02 PM
The windpro only, the other makes great liners.