PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fav WAHM diaper?

SeekerMage
11-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Just wondering! At this point Im thinking mine is my babyblankets. I love the snap-ez too but we have had a few leaks and so far its my only leaks! (I think that they are a smidge too big in the legs or the waist doesnt get tight enough Im not sure) So what are your favs?

new_mommy25
11-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Ever since I started CD'ing it has always been sugarpeas. Do I sound like a broken record? ;) I love how they are so trim, yet absorbant enough for my DS and the price is right. Plus they are super easy to find used. I used to be all about the size 1 diapers but I am having a new love affair with the side snaps. They are wonderful!! I love that they are stretchy and have no front elastic (which droops on DS). Noah can fit into a small with one snap to go and into a medium on the tightest setting.

mudder17
11-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Oooh, tough choice. I love my Snap-EZ because they work very well for DD, especially when we're out and about. But for night time, it's gotta be the Benjamuffins! Very trim, considering how much I stuff it with and still cute. :) And considering I've had it for at least 4-5 months, I'm still able to get it fastened on almost the tightest setting (with the velcro tabs overlapping).

I haven't had my Angelwraps for long enough to really consider those, but I do like them quite a lot. Very trim, fairly absorbent as is (for longer periods I would need to add a microfiber or something like it) and mighty cute.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

holliam
11-06-2004, 09:10 AM
I cannot wait to be able to answer this! I am still on the "open buffet" plan. I have bought from so many WAHMs to experiment. I could answer just based on obvious aesthetics, quality, customer service, fabric choices. But, I think it would be more useful to be able to answer based on fit an performance!

I do know that I have obvious preferences now pre-baby arrival:
- I cannot use aplix/velcro. This isn't just a simple preference. It gives me the "fingernails on the blackboard" feeling. So, there is no way we are using it. So, that eliminates many diapers for us.
- I love organic cotton and organic cotton velour
- I love unique prints, embroidery, and custom designs
- Customer service is really important
- I am seriously addicted to diapers.. it keeps my mind off our really turbulent adoption

:)

Holli

cvharris
11-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Well, that is tough. I like different diapers for different purposes. We mostly use fitteds and here are our faves:

el bee baby - for trimness and fit, but they get boring to look at after a while. I found that while I loved them I needed some printed diapers, too

first class baby/little caboose (fluffymail) - cute prints and very absorbant. Nice fit, too.

righteous baby - cute prints as well, absorbant, and they are all one piece - no snap ins! That gets to be SO NICE on laundry days.

I find that I prefer velour lined fitteds with microfleece topped soakers. Custom orders are THE BEST - as you can get exactly what you want. I've also started a small collection of fabrics that I've been sending in for my custom orders to get the prints I want.

I also like some side snap organic velour diapers that we own - they are soft and luxurious. Fussybutt and Mammamade make these. I think Sugarbums does, too.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

tarahsolazy
11-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Well, three months ago, I was all about the elbee baby dipes, but now they give DS major plumber's crack, so some are going to Kit, the rest are waiting for the next baby, should there be one. I am mostly all about the PFs now! I only have about 8 fitteds that fit! (3 more on the way from Sugarbums, which I hope to love)

But, for fitteds, I'd have to say my current faves are Tykies. They are average trimness, but the larges have a nice rise for DS, and the quilting on the soakers is adorable. And, they are usually available, if you need a diaper fix.

amyff
11-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I have been loving my Very Baby AIO's from Sunshine at FlutterbyeBaby. They are trim, comfy and so easy to put on. Snaps make Ava crabby. Why? Because, I pinched her skin ONE time (trying to get a tighter fit) and because they are slower to put on (she has SO much playing that needs to get done)! However, she always grabs her Groovy Flowers print Snap-Ez or her Honey Boy Giraffe diaper, first. Actually, lately she has been begging me to let her wear the disposie Little Mermaid (as if she knows who that is) Swim Diapers that she found in the back of her closet. What a goofy kid!

toomanystrollers
11-06-2004, 06:35 PM
OMG - I've come full circle and I'm digging plain old prefolds (no snappis) and Bumpy covers - SHOCKING I know :) Neve is such an animal to change now!! So I'm really happy with my applix Very Baby AIOs and when I'm in a wrestling mood, I'll put a Mudpie Babies AIO on her (I should order them w/applix next time).

kitmama
11-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Elbees!! Which is why I'm getting Forrest's castoffs. ;) They still fit littleman great, and they're just beautifully made diapers.

My fave for overnight right now is his Firefly Sleeptight. Unfortunately, I seem to have expensive taste in diapers. :P Good thing I like PFs a lot, too!

I have a couple benjamuffins coming, though, so we'll see what we think of those. And I just got a LHC AIO and a Sugarpeas print from SWAP- so far, I like them both, too. We'll see who wins out in the end!

mommyj_2
11-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Terri at FMBG makes my favorite AIOs. She has the best fabrics, and the dipes fit my DS perfectly.

It's a tie for fitteds. I love my side aplix Mudpie babies and my Sam's fitteds, and I can't decide which I like more.

marinkitty
11-06-2004, 10:50 PM
How do you do the PFs on an active baby without a snappi? Do you just trifold and place it inside the cover? I'm really struggling to figure out this PF thing - I can't seem to make it work for Mia, but I would love to figure it out for the baby and seeing that you are liking them for Neve has peaked my curiosity!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

marinkitty
11-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Babyblanket pockets for their versatility. We use them all the time plus they are our night time dipe with extra stuffin and they never seem to leak.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

calebsmama03
11-06-2004, 11:44 PM
So far it's Angel Wraps AIO's and ElBee fitteds. Might change as I experiement more for #2 ;)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

toomanystrollers
11-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Hi Holly,
Right now, I fold a premium prefold in quarters along the shortest length and my two sole bumpy covers and 1 bummis hold them place :)

HTH