PDA

View Full Version : Do you put your Fuzzibunz in the dryer?

houseof3boys
11-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Was just thinking about this and wondered who else hangs their FB's to dry every time like I do!

mudder17
11-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Well, I usually hang them (and my other PUL stuff) to dry, but right now, I'm on vacation in FL, and I've been putting them in the dryer because I only have 10 dipes and no time to wait for them to air dry.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

rrosen
11-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I put them in the dryer after the first time I wash them to seal the PUL but after that I line dry every time.

KrisM
11-13-2004, 07:17 PM
I usually put them in the dryer for about 10 minutes and then let them hang dry.

egoldber
11-13-2004, 08:51 PM
I line dried mine to start with, but after a few months of that, I started drying all my PUL. I never had any problems at all.

In fact, someone here, about a year ago or maybe more, contacted the manufacturer of PUL and were told that it is an industrial fabric and meant to be dried in dryers.

squimp
11-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I voted sometimes, but I would have said usually were that an option. We've been in the mediums for 9 months now, and I only have 12 which we have used every day. That's pretty much my whole stash, so I'd agree that the FBs are pretty industrial strength!

steph2003
11-14-2004, 07:57 PM
I dry them in the dryer every so often to "seal" the PUL. But usually I line dry them - I think I read somewhere (maybe here?) they'll last longer that way over the long run? They really don't take that long to line dry as it is.....

lizajane
11-14-2004, 08:08 PM
i prefer to line dry simply so i don't have to "waste" a low heat dryer cycle! if it were not a matter of economy/enironmental savings, i would probably dry them every time so i didn't have to spread them out and wait for them to dry.

slknight
11-14-2004, 08:42 PM
I always line dry them. I guess I thought that's what you were supposed to do with them. Now I did take some other dipes out of the dryer this morning and discovered I put a FB in there by accident and was a bit worried. Guess I didn't have to be!

alkagift
11-15-2004, 01:02 PM
I dry mine on low. I look for what's easy, admittedly, but since the label says I can, I do!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

supercalifragilous
11-15-2004, 02:22 PM
It's too damp up here to line dry so I just throw them all in the dryer with the other clothes and just set the heat to Medium (if I remember). I haven't had a problem with cracking PUL anything like that (not that I've noticed) and I even throw my PUL'd Snap-EZ in the dryer.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the FB PUL fabric and the fabric that is sent out to get PUL'd like Snap-EZ? Are ALL PUL'd fabrics industrial strength?

JacksMommy
11-15-2004, 02:24 PM
As a working mama, I simply haven't found time to hang-dry, but I think that putting them in the dryer causes the fleece to pill more. My fleece never stays as silky soft as the FBs of my friends who line-dry. Oh well!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD baby girl 12/24/04

squimp
11-16-2004, 02:38 AM
I snap mine closed when I put them in the dryer. That seems to keep them from pilling - I can tell the ones I have always snapped closed from the ones I didn't for the first few weeks.

steph2003
11-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I mostly line dry mine & they still pill. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the wash....don't know. But they do pill up a lot compared to other CDs we have. My major complaint about them cause otherwise the fit is great & we don't have any leaks!