PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try/use Mela detergent?

MartiesMom2B
11-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Eons ago I posted about detergents on MDC and one person raved about Mela detergent. Well it turns out she was a rep. I'm wondering if anyone has actually used any Mela products and if you like them? There is a someone at church is a rep. and I was wondering if it was worth looking into.

Thanks!
-Sonia

jec2
11-22-2004, 08:39 PM
I think Linda (liya) used to use it and loved it as well. I know nothing about it or where to get it. If you know anything, please let me know. I am always trying to find something better.

TahliasMom
11-23-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm a Mela customer! Love their detergent and other products. They're all nontoxic, enviro friendly. The thing is that you have a order a min of 35 point products, about $50 of products every month but if you convert your home to their store then it's not a big deal. Plus their cleaning/detergent products are concentrated so you save money in the long run. I'm not into the business, I just sign up people here and there and make a certain % of their orders. If you are interested I can sent you a link to my website from which you can access the Mela website and view their different product lines. Please email me at [email protected]

daisymommy
11-23-2004, 01:23 PM
I have heard that it causes really bad build-up on diapers (like most Free & Clear detergents), and doesn't get them clean enough.

TahliasMom
11-23-2004, 04:47 PM
I only use disposables so I couldn't tell you how well it works or not on cloth. But it's been working great on all our clothes so I can't see why it would work any different on cloth diapers.

darby24
11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
My sister uses melapower on her diapers (motherease ones.) We've never noticed build-up and they come out nice and clean with no scent.

The stuff is really concentrated, and seems to last forever. The largest size (2.8L) lasted my sister 10 months! We only use half a pump for a load of regular laundry and less than a quarter pump gets a whole load of diapers clean.

My family has used their products for about a year now and we've been pretty happy. I do all the online orders for the whole family, so that's how I can track how long back she got her detergent (my memory is good, but not that good!) The one downside is that we sometimes find it expensive. You had to order every month (and achieve a number of "points") in order to get the "good" prices. That along with shipping and taxes add up our monthly order.

To put it in perspective, my whole family uses one account and we split it when we get it. No way my sister could fulfill the required amount of points needed each month - and neither could I. It could be worth looking into if you could "share" a membership with someone.

ets- we're in Canada and still need to get 35 points, but with shipping and tax our monthly bill is between $80-$100.

MartiesMom2B
11-23-2004, 07:16 PM
This whole point thing is kind of disturbing to me. I would never spend $80 - $100/month on cleaners. I guess I would have to find someone to split the costs with, but I don't know who. I don't have any family close.

-Sonia

darby24
11-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh sorry, that was Canadian funds.

And just to add they have more than just cleaners. Toothpaste, mouthwash, face cleaners, shampoo, soap and bath products, make up (Nicole Miller), first aid stuff, vitamins and supplements and even candles. Of course lots more that I'm forgetting.

I'm not a fan of the point thing but with all of us buying, we're able to make the requirements. Sometimes these things work out, sometimes it's not worth the time and effort.

JMHO