PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Inserts conclusions!

papal
11-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Well, there seems like each person has come up with their own perfect solution and no industry standard is being followed! Bad girls! :P
Some wrap their LJs or MOEs in a microfiber and some like to put their microfiber inside an infant prefold.

So anyway, here are the different options out there.. and I am sure there are many more custom made for each pocket but it gets expensive so people stick to the generic inserts.

1. JoeyBunz. Not as absorbant as most and stiff. I will have to test this for myself.
2. Microfiber Towels
-Costco (Yellow, bigger than the others)
- BJ, Walmart, Target (blue and white)

3. Wonderfull
4. Ella
5. Infant CPF
6. LizaJane
7. MOE

So in conclusion, the most cost effective thing would probably be to re-use my infant prefolds and get some microfiber towels to put inside them.

Thanks All!!

mudder17
11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Congratulations on coming up with a solution of your own. Of course, now you'll have to test it yourself. :) I do have LJs and MOE's, and even some WAHM hemp inserts, but the one I reach for the most is the MF towels inside an infant PF. I guess it's because I have plenty of those and because they happen to work (so far) for DD. Let me know how it all works out for Leela.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

pritchettzoo
11-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Just to be difficult, I'd wrap the microfiber towel AROUND the prefold instead of putting it inside.

What's your next project, no-tv girl? (Bom chicka boom boom? ;))

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

papal
11-24-2004, 05:02 PM
pressure pressure.. so much pressure. heehee.

lizajane
11-24-2004, 05:32 PM
because infant prefolds are so cheap, are such a perfect fit for medium FBs and BBs, and don't hold stink, i think they are FANTASTIC inserts. the only trouble comes if/when your baby starts super soakin' and they just can't hold anymore. that is why i came up with my own inserts- because my pee machine was drowning without hemp in his pockets! but if you can get away with it, definitely use your infant prefolds! i love a cheap n' easy option.