PDA

View Full Version : What covers do I use next?

brigmaman
11-29-2004, 06:18 PM
I have proraps (classic and colors) and 1 bumpy day cover (which I love). All of my covers are nb or smalls and about half of them are just about too small. After kissaluvs (which are amazingly small already!) I'll be using prefolds and a few fitteds- mostly Sugar Peas. So what covers would you choose?
There are so many to choose from!

mudder17
11-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Until Kaya stopped with the leaky BF'd poop and didn't have problem with rashes (probably because I changed her more often in the early days), I actually stuck to PUL, although I think I could probably have used fleece as well (easy to wash). Many people here like the Sugar Peas fleece covers. For PUL, I like the bummis SWW (cute froggy print and star baby and I think there's a Noah's ark) because they were soft and fairly gentle on DD's legs. But they weren't always as good at containing BF'd poop as my gusseted ones. I liked the Lite Wraps because they were cheap and the gussets did a good job of containing the poop. The Lite Wraps are basically like the Bumpy Days, but they're knockoffs. Many people like the ME AFs, but I have one and I don't actually like them because I find them kind of a pain to put on (I like snapping in front rather than on the sides). And they didn't have gussets, which I preferred for containing BF'd poop.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

lizajane
11-29-2004, 07:12 PM
i started with all proraps. then i had some paypal $$ burning a hole in my computer, so i got a litewrap, snappiwrap (same thing, one has a fabric outer), bummies pull on and a bumpy.

can i just tell ya... i don't really like any of them. i like the proraps. i always reach for the proraps first. even over the bumpy.

so my advice is to get more bumpys if that is what you love. i love proraps but felt like i was missing something. i wasn't! i still love proraps. i have never even used the bummis and i was hoping to sell everything but my proraps, just didn't get around to it.

i am enjoying the motherease that amy let me try out. a little poofy for my taste, but i just kinda like for some reason. even though i find the side snaps cumbersome. so i think i might recommend it for the fitteds.

tarahsolazy
11-29-2004, 08:06 PM
We like Bumpys (in XL!) and Bummis (still going strong in medium) here. My DH strongly prefers the Bummi's to everything else, and since he is a SAHD, that's mostly what we were using. I like wool, so since I'm home, I'm branching out a a little. I have a Celtic Wolf (a Pam reject cover, love buying her cast-offs), and a Beccabottoms wool that I love.

pritchettzoo
11-29-2004, 08:11 PM
I tried Nikky wraps next because of the return policy at http://www.babyworks.com/catalog/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=12 -- they are similar to a Bumpy Day, but a different fabric. I got the breathable poly, and it is not plastic-y at all but doesn't pill like the cotton cover of the Bumpy. They have leg gussets to hold in the poop and are otherwise boring and utilitarian. ;)

After the poop got less crazy, I loved the Sugarpeas fleece covers. Nothing like a soft, fluffy butt to pat. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

Saartje
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Well, prefolds and a few fitteds -- mostly Sugar Peas -- is precisely our system. I liked the small Proraps covers fairly well, but he outgrew them within a month (two months old -- he was also into premium prefolds by then, too); ordered medium "Proraps colors" (these are NOT Proraps. The fit is not the same, they do not hold up as well, etc. They are only made by the same company under a different label) and they wore out very quickly. So after that, I tried a few different ones: Bummis Super Industrial Whisper Wraps, Bumpy Days, Motherease Airflow, Sugarpeas fleece.

Of those, I LOVE the Bumpys, though I now prefer Nights to Days. When the mood strikes me, or I have a bulky double-diaper on Ishie for overnight, I like the ME Airflow, though I didn't like it at all at first. I like the Bummis SIWWs for their sheer durability (like they say, they're industrial strength), but the fit isn't so great on Ishie.

I wanted to summarize my experiences for you, but on the whole, I'd say I agree with Liza: if you like the Bumpys, stick with them. If they don't work as well for you later on, experiment a little; but as long as something works, don't change it.

kitmama
11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
The Bumpys were our favorite cover while littleman was still exclusively BFing. (Love the gussets!) We also liked the Bummis Super Whisper Print (love the froggies!) abd it worked well, but leaked a little poop once or twice I think. I'd say stick with the Bumpys if they are working well for you. Maybe, if you really want to try something new, then maybe a fleece cover or a ME AF would be good.

brigmaman
11-30-2004, 07:55 AM
How big was Isaac when you moved up to premiums? Just curious because Cadie is growing at a similar rate to Brig in his nb months. Brig was 14 lbs at 10 weeks. Cadie is a lb. heavier already. I wonder if I'll need to upgrade from my IPFs sooner than I thought.
Brig's thighs were enormous as well when he started really gaining weight. So far the Bumpys seem to be better on Cadie's thighs.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-01-2004, 11:34 AM
we are still using standard size prefolds on Logan at 20 months.

I'm just now thinking about getting out the premiums because the standards are getting really saturated with one pee lately.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif