PDA

View Full Version : Help with FB sizes for after mediums...

caheinz
11-30-2004, 11:35 PM
OK. Alex has been wearing medium FuzziBunz since he was about 4 months old, and now he's 8 months and the Fuzzis seem to be getting a little short in the rise...

I don't have his diaper-relevant measurements for now, but wanted to post while I'm thinking of it. I can get measurements tomorrow if needed.

He was 19lbs 8oz about a week ago, and he's about 28 inches long. He still seems to be fine in his medium Bummis -- Fuzzis are just our nighttime solution.

So, is a large or a petite toddler going to be more likely to fit this long skinny boy? We initially had leaks out the legs of the Fuzzis, so I'm worried that a large might be too loose... Or, if rise is the problem, is there another longer-rise pocket we should try? We tend to rely on prefolds most of the time at home, with various WAHM fitteds for outings, and we just tried Fuzzis first and (once the pee leaks were solved) loved them. Mediums seem to still be the right size for most things, and he wears a size 3 in Pampers Cruisers for daycare...

We actually have some Fuzzis and LJ's on our Christmas list, so I'd like to figure this size thing out soon! (And I didn't find the MOE web site all that helpful with this question...)

mudder17
11-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Petite Toddlers are the way to go. They fit several long, skinny babies here. The large FB's are pretty enormous on most babies and many don't even get that far in size before being PT'd.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

lizajane
12-01-2004, 09:47 AM
schuyler is approaching 30lbs and is 36 inches tall. the PTs are JUST now starting to leave red marks on his legs after 12 hours of overnight use. the larges are STILL too big in the waist. i have to cross over the snaps. they don't work well for me at night because the pee can escape from the gaps. so definitely go for the PTs. i LOVE mine. now that he is outgrowing the PTs, i think i will go to large snap ez for night since the large FBs don't work.

Momof3Labs
12-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Colin is 31lbs and 39" and the large FBs are just starting to fit him. They would be huge on your baby. Go with the PTs, which are basically mediums with a higher rise.

caheinz
12-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks!!!!

I suspected PTs would be the way to go, but wanted confirmation before spending the money! (Especially since PTs seem to be hard to come by except new!)

We got Alex's diaper measurements this morning. His rise is 18" over a regular CPF (folded down), 10.5" thighs, and 15" waist. (He seems to have no waist, and he has no butt in a disposie...) I wish MOE would put something other than thigh measurements on their website...

So, what size of the LJ inserts fit PTs? Larges?