PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy Mail roll call!

new_mommy25
12-02-2004, 12:00 AM
I got two packages today! One was a fitted from Patchwork Pixie in the cutest chinese take out print. Love it!! Her diapers are awesome- all fitteds should have a hip snap.

Then I got a fitted from Cloth Baby. I bought this used from a friend of mine.

Both fitteds have a knit outer print. Those are my new obsession. I love how knit makes the diaper nice and stetchy and doesn't seem to pill or fade too badly.

So what have you ladies been getting in the mail? I already saw the picture of cute little Dallin in his longies.

Angie and Noah http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/angelita25

kensjen
12-02-2004, 12:30 AM
I also received my package from patchwork pixie today. I also got a takeout print diaper (too cute!) and the organic cotton diaper with the red stitching (yum!) Do you ladies ever wish YOU were the one wearing the diapers?!?! hehe

rrosen
12-02-2004, 07:36 AM
OK you two, no fair telling us about the new fluff without pictures.

No new fluff this week :-(

I missed that retro sushi print mudpie on MDF. Bummer.
Did anyone here get it????

steph2003
12-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Nothing here lately since the holiday spending frenzy isn't over & my washing machine died (finally decided on the Whirlpool Duet front loader because of the deal we got thru a contact) anyhoo - no fun fluff just ordered some more Joeybunz & a bummis wet bag to put in my Diaper Dekor based on a tip from the boards.

so someone post some fun fluff pics so I can live vicariously & plot out my next purchase.....

mudder17
12-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Okay, let's see...I most recently got my Sushi Cat dipe from Tykie! I've tried it out once and of course, DD had to poop...er...christen it. :) I like how it's narrower at the crotch so that her legs don't splay out as much. Oh, and I loved the nice surprise on the back of her soaker. :P DH was much amused by the surprise.

And Diaper Fairy, whoever you are (can you at least confirm or deny my suspicions?), the wool cover that you made for her fits over the Tykie like a dream!!! It's like it was made for the diaper. Very trim, and I was able to easily get pants on her. Thank you again!

I'm waiting on my order from Ruth, which should get here in the next two weeks. She's sending me, among other things, a cotton pocket, which I want to try out as a fitted. Oh, and Steph, I'm getting a diaper pail liner, so I'll let you know how that goes. And DH decided we should order a seahorse pocket with suedecloth to use as a swim diaper (her other swim dipes were leaving red marks all over her legs). So fun is coming.... :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

papal
12-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, we want PICTURES girls!!!!!

1. I got a Large Royal Blue Snap-EZ. I am going to try it at night today. It definitely fits well at the tightest settings for thighs and waist. The Medium is a little too tight for night stuffins but works for day stuffins of one insert.

2. Talking of inserts, I got a JB from Becca. I tried it with the Medium SEZ and it is nice and trim and easy to stuff!

3. I am waiting on a fleece pocket made by Ellen (Snapping Turtles).. Eileens recommendation.

4. Next I am getting a fleece pocket from DiaperWorks (Nita's rec) and one from Rebecca at www.apronstringsbabythings.com.
Basically I am in a fleece pocket phase. haha.

5. And the BEST NEWS... i ordered the inner colour for my Pashmi wool cover from Azadeh... it should be here in a couple of weeks! Wooohooo!!

And we are saying goodbye this week to 5 medium BabyBlankets that no longer fit and 5 double LJs and 4 single LJ inserts (sniff sniff) that came with the BBs.

Oh, and it has been 3 weeks and no signs of mama-fluff from LilBunz. :(

tarahsolazy
12-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I signed up as a Pickle Pants longies tester in AUGUST, and got my pants yesterday! I had given up, but then they arrived! Heavy crochet, red and green, very festive!

I also got three Sugarbums french cut dipes (thanks for the tip, Angie). They are great, and Forrest is actually on the tighest snaps, so they'll fit awhile. I got a cool Celtic knot pattern, a cool multi-color Asian dragons pattern, and a boring plain dipe.

And, 10 Grow Me a Rainbow Prefitteds! I sent my own PFs in to get converted. I like them, with a snappi, or without, they work great. DS pooped in one post-haste, also. What is it about new dipes?

I know, huge fluffy week for me, I mean DS. This is very unusual, believe me. I've been using the same Medium BSWW for five months!

mudder17
12-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Am I missing something? What's going on with LilBunz?

I hope the fleece pocket works out well for you. Mine is a little pilly on the outside (must be the nature of the windbloc fleece), but I've used it once for night time with no leaks. So that's good, at least. And it was much trimmer than my usual combo. Of course, my usual combo includes an Aristocrat, so anything has got to be more trim than that! :)

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

papal
12-02-2004, 02:07 PM
>>Am I missing something? What's going on with LilBunz?

I don't know.. Trish did reply back and say that some packages seem to have gone missing in the post. I will email her again today... not sure at this point if she should replace them? I guess not since she did mail them out... I don't think they were insured or anything. It was just over $20.

lizajane
12-02-2004, 02:13 PM
well, i am a BAD BAD leroy brown, baddest mom in the whole darn town (downtown?) because i ordered more snap ez!!! i could stand it. i just love it so much that i had to have more!!!

i ordered all solids in the hopes that they will work for nighttime, even though i was sooooooo tempted by the boy fishing print because daddy loves to fish. but i wanted to order 4 in case we do use them for nighttime and i just couldn't justify the 5th. especially if they don't work out for nights and i just use them days!

i am getting to the point that i can use ONLY pockets and wash every 3 days! could be an exciting point in my life when we only use pockets (not that i don't love my prefolds, cause i do!!)

should be great for when baby comes and MIL comes to help (totally CD incompetant.)

so mail isn't here yet, but waiting on purple, royal, kelly green and yellow. bright colors! wheeeee!!!!!! (got dh's approval on the purple for a boy. i decided dark purple was ok. barney is purple and he is a boy! of course, i can't stand him...)

papal
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
heehee... i know what you mean.. the pockets are too darn convenient these days. We still use prefolds for awake times but it is pockets or the sole Benjamuffin for the night.
Before I invest in all S-Ezs, I am on trying fleece-pockets.. very breathable and cuddly soft to boot. You have to try one girlie!!!

mudder17
12-02-2004, 02:45 PM
I know what you mean about the fleece pockets! While I definitely prefer the design of the SEZ to the snapping turtles, I like that the snapping turtles are breathable. They're not as cuddly as my starbunz, but I think it's because it's the windbloc fleece. Anyway, the breathability issue is the reason I'm going to try the SEZ cotton pockets inside of my aristocrat for nights.

Eileen

todzwife
12-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Nothing here today...and probably not for while. :( I did get some fabrics though for wipes, and doublers ;D

ALLEYCAT
12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Are snapping Turtles now all fleece? I have one that is PUL outer and fleece inner.

mudder17
12-02-2004, 04:58 PM
She recently got a bunch of windbloc fleece and will be making fleece pockets until she runs out. You can e-mail her if you're interested.

Eileen

ALLEYCAT
12-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Don't laugh, I am awaiting 2 yards of uncut hemp from LJ to make some washies and prefolds. Her stuff is soft and fluffy and really absorbant!

ALLEYCAT
12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Humm good tip but I am devoted to SEZ these days, will be getting more soon I hope.

new_mommy25
12-02-2004, 06:33 PM
The french cut is the best for chunky thighs! Plus they are so darn stretchy. I suspect DS will outgrow his sugarbums in the rise before he does in the waist. He can still wear a medium on the tightest snaps. I want to see pictures!! And I'm soooo jealous you got a rainbow of prefitteds. I need to start sewing!

new_mommy25
12-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Rebecca, I'm going to try and take pictures today. They're still sitting in the package. I had to sneak them past DH so I only got to peek!

lizajane
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
and it is finally on the way! we may needs to see some pics of your work. :)

lizajane
12-02-2004, 06:40 PM
it is funny that i often reach for the prefolds first, when i do have plenty of pockets. well, not tons. but enough to use 'em! i always use them when going out and for stocking the diaper bag.

i just don't think i can be talked into fleece for any kind of cover. schuyler is a REALLY heavy heavy wetter and i just don't trust that it would last long enough. i had him in a BB with my own night insert the other day and he peed through it in 2 hours! the thing was DROWNING. it wasn't diaper error... it was pee mania! (he was particularly thirsty.)

new_mommy25
12-02-2004, 06:48 PM
I have a pair of Holy Sheep Yarns shorts coming my way. I originally ordered a custom soaker but she was having trouble getting the rise and leg holes right to accomodate DS. So she is making me a pair of shorts instead for the same price. Cass from HSY is great to work with!

ALLEYCAT
12-02-2004, 07:05 PM
oh no, it is Not pretty. In fact these are Diapers remeber. Fortunately I can plead dig camera ignorance. I have never posted a pic befor and will definitely not star twith my sewing blunders! I have been given a serger from a coworker and have been having fun with it making pillowcases and diaper inserts and such but the thing is crazy fast. How do you go around a corner without Lots of thread on the edge?

ALLEYCAT
12-02-2004, 07:20 PM
double post, whats up with that?

kitmama
12-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Well, there were the two benjamuffins which I posted about not long ago- the cowboy and the radio flyer ones. A snap broke on the cowboy one- ( :( I swear, there is a curse on diaper snaps in this house- we've had broken snaps on the benjamuffin, my elbee wooly bully, a FB and our simons custom cloth wool cover. Luckily, all the WAHMs have been fantastic at repairing the snaps for me very quickly- so just an FIY, I'm very happy with the customer service I've received)- so I am sending it back for repair. But the radio flyer one is working nicely.

We also got a new sugarpeas fleece cover in lime, which is very nice.

And I received some mama cloth: a MOE pad and some "sea pearls" sea sponge tampons. (Does that count as fluffy mail??) I have to say I like the sponges a LOT. They work, and are very comfortable and easy. I'll probably buy some cloth pantiliners as a just-in-case for when I use them.

I just ordered a LHC AIO, and don't mind waiting a couple weeks. (Becky says that's about how long it's taking her right now, due to her move). It's a dragon print that I just think is SO cute. :)

cvharris
12-02-2004, 10:40 PM
We just got back from a 10 day vakay to find a wonderful box of fluffymail on our doorstep! My fluffymail custom order is finally here:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18034.jpg

One of these was a raffle win and the rest are my order that I obsessed over for months - I even provided my own fabrics and had them with one of the fluffymamas well in advance. I really love the fit of these diapers.

And yes, I know I have a cloth diaper problem. :) At least my DH lets me go a little crazy with this. He sees it as my little 'hobby'.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

papal
12-02-2004, 10:50 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! Carolee, you win the fluffy mail roll call award this week! Those are gorgeous!!!!! You lucky girl! And lucky Ben! Who wouldn't want to wear such cute undies!

rrosen
12-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Carolee,
I have serious fluff envy! Those dipes are yummy! I love all of the bright colors. We need to see pics of Ben showing off all that beautiful fluff.

kijip
12-02-2004, 11:01 PM
I just got 2 Fireflys (thanks to BB Swap!) today. 1 Orange and 1 Yellow. I will post pics soon.

Also I have a BLACK Fuzzi Bunz on the way from Kelly's Closet- Toby will be a true punk rocker in his Fuzi Bunz and little Ramones shirt! ETA Well the black Fuzzi Bunz came today and I promptly put Toby in it with a little black t-shirt silkscreened with the words punk rock. All set to take pics and wham the digital camera is out of battery juice! I will take some and post later once I rustle up some batteries. Till then you will just have to take my word for it...it is pretty dang cute in mama's opinion!

jec2
12-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Oh, I wanted that so bad for my order but couldn't :( Waah! I think Tiffany might make me one still, however since she felt bad that I didn't get the fabric I REALLY wanted.

cvharris
12-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Oh, Juliet, did you not get one? I thought you were sending in your fabric to get one? If I had known that I would have gotten one for you. I collected and sent these fabrics a while back but I probably could have sent in more fabric for the raffle diaper I won and gotten another one of these sock monkeys - instead I picked a fabric they already had. :( I feel bad that we have this diaper because it really looks like it should be Finn's diaper. Now I don't know if I can put Ben in it if Finn doesn't have one! Do you want it? Ben would give it to Finn. :)

If Tiffany is going to do another diaper for you - I have enough fabric left for another diaper cut and you are welcome to it. Amy did our order and sent a leftover piece of the fabric. I also have another fat quarter of the fabric, which is not tall enough for a size 2 diaper cut alone but combined with my leftover piece that Amy sent back, it should be enough for a pieced diaper (which is what I got since I sent a half yard cut horizontally - she had to piece two pieces of fabric front and back since my cut wasn't tall enough).

Anyway - let me know either way!

new_mommy25
12-03-2004, 02:22 AM
OOOOOOOOH Carolee I am so jealous! Gorgeous, gorgeous diapers! Of course what we really want to see is Ben modeling them! I think your DH needs to start hanging out with mine. I have to sneak packages under his nose :)

new_mommy25
12-03-2004, 02:27 AM
This diaper is a medium. I love the print! This is the only picture I could take before my camera died. (Nimh batteries..Grrrr).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18051.jpg

jec2
12-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh, Carolee, how sweet you are! No, Ben absolutely NEEDS that diaper. All good butts deserve the sock monkey! Tiffany said that she didn't have time to wait for me to send fabric as her midwife expected Willow to arrive early (and she did). The night after she sent my order out she sent me a lovely email offering to make me a sock monkey dipe once she started back up again because she felt bad that she couldn't make the one that I really really wanted. She told me to find the fabric I wanted and then I could send it to her!!!!! I was so thrilled. I haven't bought the fabric yet. I keep checking our craft store and they just have the flannel so I've just held off on buying it on-line. If you are not going to use your left over fabric, then I would love to buy it from you. However, if you have a good use for it, no worries as I will just buy the fabric online.

pritchettzoo
12-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Yay! Isn't that the best box? I'm still upset about your missing dipes. The doggies and the sock monkey are too cute!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

cvharris
12-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Juliet,

I'm not going to use the leftover fabric I have, so I can send it to you! PM me your addy. :)

todzwife
12-03-2004, 11:30 PM
He is SO cute!!

squimp
12-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Man I feel like such a lame-O. I have not had fluffy mail since June! but we're almost ready to outgrow the medium FBs. I've been putting it off, and they just keep on fitting, as if they're infinitely stretchy.

Maybe I will branch out a little when we size up.......

toomanystrollers
12-04-2004, 06:37 AM
HOLY SMOKES MAMA :)

I'd like to personally claim credit for starting Carolee's First Class Baby obsession - LOL!!!!

toomanystrollers
12-04-2004, 06:38 AM
I got my prefitteds w/applix form www.growmearainbow.com - so far, I'm in love with of all things - APPLIX!!!!!

kensjen
12-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Jonah is loving aplix now too, because he can take it off! ;) I have to get his pants on immediately. It is getting bad, so I am loving my snaps!

jec2
12-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Hey Carolee, I pm'd or emailed you via the boards. hope that you got it :)