PDA

View Full Version : CD-friendly pants for boys?

alkagift
12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm in a hunt for a *consistent* brand of pants that work for my son over CD's. I've got several pairs of jeans and pants from Target and some work, most don't, even in the 24 mo and 2T sizes. Some are HUGE some are way too tight--even for sposies--the same brand!. It's making me crazy. Sweatpants fit great since they're baggier, but the boy can't live in those! DS will have his Christmas pic taken in a pair of HA cords size 90 with the cuffs turned up twice! I can deal with the length, although it would be nicer if it fit better.

He's about 35 1/2" tall, but it's mostly torso. He's got a decent pot belly now, more than he used to. Does anyone have any ideas??? I'm willing to get creative!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

kensjen
12-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Well, Hanna is my favorite. I don't find that I have to size up at all, and there is plenty of "butt room", LOL! I also love the babystyle brand, but it looks as though your son may be too tall for the baby's softest line. It seems as though 2T clothing in general does not have the diaper allowance in the butt area as clothing does in the infant sizes. (Which I guess proves the fact that our mothers had us all potty learned before we were two, LOL LOL ;) )

I have found that the lands end boys clothing is CD friendly, I love their sweats and the rompers. Have you tried any of their pants? And I have had better luck with Gymboree than babygap, with jeans and cords. There seems to be a tad more room in DS's Gymbo pants.

We have a few pair of cords/khakis from Target, I think maybe they are circo...but anyway, they work well also. I know what you mean about consistency, I have found that problem with their clothing too. But for the price, they are always worth a try. Hope you find something!!

mommyj_2
12-06-2004, 01:08 PM
When my DS had a pot belly, I gave up on jeans. They all left red marks on his belly. That being said, his pot belly was HUGE. Now that he's walking, he's slimmed down a lot, and he can finally fit in jeans. He has a pair from the Children's Place that fit really well over trim diapers (um..actually, my news system is training pants with a velour wipe folded into the wet zone as a doubler and Bummis whisper pants over that). I like TCP jeans because they don't have snaps--the waist is totally elastic.
Good luck. I found when DS had his big ol' pot belly, I had much better look with dress pants that had elastic waists.
HTH!

todzwife
12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
I make lots of Dallin's pants. :) I'd be happy to do some for you if you want.
Here's an outfit I did for a friend. She loves fish :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/todzwife/DSCF1001.jpg

lizajane
12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
osh kosh.

schuyler is super tall, too. he was 35.5 inches almost 3 months ago. so it looks like your guy is on the same plan! schuyler's height is also in his torso and he has kinda short legs. at the appt where he was 35.5 inches, he was 28 lbs. he has a skinny waist, though. BUT the osh kosh jeans have a strechy waist adjuster thingy like maternity pants! so while we tighten it up, you might loosen it. we are in 2T and we cuff them once. he could probably wear a 18-24 mo A-ok. but i figured why bother- so we went straight to 2T. he fits in 18-24 mo pants from old navy, gap, gymboree... with the butt a little tight.

so osh kosh. it has always worked for him. kohl's often has 40% off all osh kosh sales, and you can often find them at discount places like tj maxx and marshalls. (don't know what stores you have!) and i know we have an osh kosh outlet nearby that i have been meaning to check out! (well, not nearby... but driveable.)

kijip
12-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Toby is tall and big...he is also too big for the Hanna 80s and just a bit small for the Hanna 90s!

We have had great luck with several pairs of pants from TCP that my MIL gave us. They fit over the biggest of our cloth dipes. Osk Kosh seems roomier int he seat as well. Gap never works except for soft sweats and fleece.

alkagift
12-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Shandelle,
I'm emailing you!

Allison

alkagift
12-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Liza,
Anna had mentioned these to me but I can't seem to find them. On the website I see one pair that has velcro tabs that come around to the front, but the rest of the pants on the "infant boy" section are full elastic or partial elastic. The website is not great, in that the descriptions are poor and you can't zoom in on any part of the picture that you want to see better. Are the adjusters always visible from the front, or are they sometimes in the back too?

They do look nice and big in the seat, though! Here in Atlanta we have lots of stores (sometimes I think that we have too many) so I know I can hunt. There's an outlet about 45 minutes north of here that I can dig through too...

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

toomanystrollers
12-07-2004, 07:09 PM
For Shea I found that TCP carpenter style pants and Lands End rompers/pants fit him and his old cloth booty.

I'm wondering how the boys line from www.naartjie.com runs??? b/c the girls pants are practically designed for little bubble butts - I love them!!

new_mommy25
12-07-2004, 07:22 PM
DS wears most pants with no problems. His Gap jeans and cords have more than enough room in the butt. Though he has a pretty flat butt like his dad, lol!! When I need trim a sugarpeas with Nikky wrap is the way to go.