PDA

View Full Version : How many covers do you have for older babies?

KrisM
12-06-2004, 03:59 PM
I am working on ordering larger covers. Right now, I have 5 and find that they are rarely dirty, unlike the newborn stage. Can I get by with only 3? I wash every third day.

houseof3boys
12-06-2004, 05:19 PM
I think you need to add at least one more just in case. Ryan surprised me the other day with some poop on his cover (a rarity) and I had 4 wool covers drying so I only had 2 fleece covers to choose from. I ended up using FB's primarily since fleece needs to be washed more often than wool.

Especially with every 3rd day being your routine, I would rather have an extra in your rotation! Keep checking the swap for used covers. :)

ETA: I counted my covers and I have 9 covers and regularly use 7 or 8 of them! Maybe you do need more?!

KrisM
12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
That makes sense. I'll get 4. I've had no luck with finding them on swap (large Bumpy). But, I did find them for only $11.20 for the night and $9.70 for days at Clothdiapersnmore.com. Not too bad.

Thanks!

lizajane
12-06-2004, 07:39 PM
we still have icky poop that can get onto covers. i finally just got a billion snappis (need them for my new guy anyway) so that we can prevent the poop on cover annoyance. (we kept losing the snappis... ahem, dh...)

so while i think i have more than enough covers, i find myself using all of them regulary. also because schuyler is such a pee machine, my bumpy nights wick through often and can't be used twice in a row. my fabric covered litewrap is the same way. and while the proraps always hold, they sometimes get damp on the inside and i like to switch them out.

so i intended to have 6 large covers, thinking i would only need 4, and instead i ended up with 9 large covers. and like i said, i use them all. but i get behind on laundry sometimes being enormously pregnant and all...

daisymommy
12-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Joshua is 2, and I find that I only use a cover a day, but I could also use the same cover for 2 days before it starts to smell bad. He very rarely gets poop on the covers (we use fitteds). So, I could foresee you using 3-4 just fine.

KrisM
12-07-2004, 09:06 AM
I'll start with 4 and see how it goes. I hate spending more money than I need to. :)

thanks!

new_mommy25
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Lol, how many covers do we have? I am ashamed to admit I probably have more than 20. What is even sadder is that most days we don't even use a cover.

mudder17
12-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Hmm...I think I have 6 wool and two fleece that I use regularly, plus the disastrous monkey cover and a starbunz fleece diaper that I use as a cover. For nights, I tend to use the Aristocrat and one of the fleece covers (as a backup) and the rest I rotate fairly regularly. Although one of my favorites is probably the one that the diaper fairy (who I suspect may have a name that rhymes with sam) knitted for me...er...I mean Kaya. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

KrisM
12-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm just too cheap, I guess. It all sounds so fun and I look at all the sites with cool things but right now, I have 4 Bumpy Days, a Motherease, and a Nikki. I'm sticking with Bumpys for the next size and probably won't get anything else. Boring, but cheap.

But, I like reading here and seeing photos of all the cute (and off-center) covers.