PDA

View Full Version : Here's my wool philosophy:

toomanystrollers
12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm sure inquiring minds want to know:

1. Learn how to knit and knit at least 40 soakers so you'll only have to wash them 2x a year :P

2. Hide all wool covers from DH or they will be washed with the regular diapers and transform into strange-looking mittens.

3. Don't ever stay with Carolee or you will leave with serious wool envy ;-) For that matter, stay away from Jen's stash too.

4. Don't let your DC roll on a dog bed while wearing just a wool cover. DC will look like a swiffer.

5. Remember sheep are friends, not food!

lizajane
12-06-2004, 07:31 PM
LOL. if schuyler wears fleece pants in the house, he gets COVERED in dog hair in minutes, just from playing on the floor!

seriously, my best friend's mom is a knitting QUEEN and if she were my mom, i would totally have her knit a million soakers for me. my friend is married but not ready for kids and i have already emailed her mom about soakers and longies so that she will be ready to start knitting them as soon as my friend gets pregnant! (my friend will absolutely use CDs... when i asked her just to be sure she would CD, she said, "um, yeah. disposable diapers are way gross.)

too bad my mom doesn't knit. i can't be bothered to care for wool, unless i had 40 soakers!

houseof3boys
12-06-2004, 08:39 PM
That was hysterical!!!

I imagine that on #3, we would be envious of your stash too my dear. :)

cvharris
12-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Pam - I have no idea what are you talking about? :) The crown jewel of my wool collection is a lovely soaker knit by you to match the FCB diaper you gifted Ben - which started my FCB obsession!!!

I wanna see all these soakers you have knit! Put up some pics so we can oooooh and aaaah!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

rrosen
12-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Pam,
You are hilarious!

But, the dog hair issue is certainly not selling me on the merits of wool! Gabrielle is already wearing too much of Bailey as is.

pritchettzoo
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Sooo funny! But I like gyros...

Yes, yes--post pics of your creations! Pamtastic soakers--you could be the next Kiwi!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

toomanystrollers
12-07-2004, 06:31 AM
"Pamtastic" - now that's funny.

My digital camera should be arriving from Amazon this week - be warned :)

kensjen
12-07-2004, 04:33 PM
I should take a photo of the adorable shorts Pam made Jonah!! They are "Pam-tastic" ! :)

Lately I am wishing that someone would envy my wool stash enough to buy it! LOL LOL I have way too much!! And because of #2, I am afraid to use most of them! ;) (oh wait, I meant #2 from above, not "number two" IYKWIM, hahaha)
:)

toomanystrollers
12-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Jen,
When you're ready for number 2, I hope you're cursed with a girl - muwahaaaaaa }(