PDA

View Full Version : What is velour used for in diapers?

Saartje
12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Is it just for the sake of the softness? Does it help wick moisture away from the babies? Is it waterproof?

new_mommy25
12-08-2004, 01:55 PM
It's just for softness I think. but it's sooo nice :)

pritchettzoo
12-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Just for softness. It's yummy! My favorite diaper inside. I want grown-up velour underpants. :P

I say just for softness; it's not like fleece, but it definitely feels more comfortable when wet than plain hemp or cotton. Think about using a velour washcloth versus a hemp washcloth. Owww.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

tarahsolazy
12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Shandelle made me some organic velour pantiliners, so I sort do have velour underpants sometimes! Now I wish all of DS's dipes were velour or microfleece inners. So comfy for mama, so I'm sure its comfy for him, too.

mommyj_2
12-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Another velour fan just chiming in here. I love the few velour lined dipes DS has, and the 2-sided velour wipes are my favorite. It stays really soft over time (much more so than sherpa).

houseof3boys
12-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Another vote for the ooooh ahhhh factor of velour inside the dipes. You would (most likely) have a fleece doubler to do the wicking but the rest of the body stays so nice and soft with the velour.

I love velour and it wears very well! :)

cvharris
12-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes - what everyone else says! We have velour linings in most of our diapers (along with microfleece topped soakers). It's just so much softer than hemp next to their skin - especially around the waist and leg openings. I don't think it does much absorbancy wise and it doesn't wick moisture away - we like it for softness sake.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)