PDA

View Full Version : Guess what DH just did...

Saartje
12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
DH had changed Ishie into his overnight diaper, a Snap-ez with Joeybunz for stuffers. Then we let him play until he got tired, as usual.

He started fussing much earlier than usual, but that's not surprising; our schedule's been off today. So I picked him up to feed him and rock him to sleep. He was eating, and then I realized his romper was wet. Great, a diaper leak.

While Ish went on eating, I unbuttoned his romper in preparation to change him out of it; I didn't want DH to do the diaper change, because I wanted to figure out what happened, so I could prevent it from happening again.

The cause was so obvious that as soon as I got the clothes unbuttoned I started laughing out loud: DH put the diaper on inside out! (He realized it once I started laughing; apparently he had noticed it didn't fit quite right, but not why.)

Poor Ishie was fussing, not from being tired, but because he didn't want to pee on the inside-out diaper! (Incidentally, he also fusses if he needs to pee while you're changing his diaper and don't have the new one on yet; doesn't like to pee if he doesn't have a diaper on. I wonder if this means he'll be easy to potty train.)

So all is well, he's in a FB and pajamas now (glad I didn't change him into pajamas sooner, since this is his last clean set), and I just wanted to share this story with you all. When I order more Snap-Ez diapers, I'll have to make sure the inside and outside are different colours!

kijip
12-11-2004, 01:01 AM
That is too funny. Have her label one of the new Snap-ez "inside" and "outside" as a joke for your DH.

Reminds me of the time I came home to find Toby wearing a Stacinator fleece cover as a dipe and a wonderoo over the top as a cover. But with this, Grandpa was the culprit, not my husband.

mudder17
12-11-2004, 09:51 AM
OMG, that's such a great story! :) Ruth will love to hear this story and I like Katie's suggestion of asking Ruth to put a tag on the outside and inside that clearly state which is which. Hee hee.

I have had day care and other friends put a wool cover over a pocket diaper even though ever since I've switched to pockets for other caretakers, I've told them--all you need is the pocket. It's just one diaper. No cover needed. But I guess it's because I drop DD off in a PF and cover that I end up confusing them. Ah well. Better double coverage than leaks, right? :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting