PDA

View Full Version : Do some fitteds fit better under certain covers?

steph2003
12-17-2004, 09:05 PM
The reason I ask is because a very generous mama I "met" in the reality layette forum gifted me her old covers. She CDed her first baby but ultimately gave it up. She had a few covers that she tried out & they all look to be in great working order! When I told her I was CDing & really hadn't tried covers she offered to me her old ones! so along with those & my generous Sugarpeas wool cover from my diaper/brownie fairy I have a start of a cover stash. Which fitteds to get? Have one Benjamuffin again thanks to brownie fairy!!

covers she sent:
nice wool Stacinator large :)
Bumkins large
Bummis medium - which they look to be the same size as Bumkins large when I hold them up together

then last - some called Niji which I'm not familiar with at all.

KrisM
12-17-2004, 09:47 PM
How nice for you!

I can't help with the fitteds, but wanted to comment on the Niji cover. I have one of those. They are similar to Nikkis, but work for skinnier thighs. The design is also simliar to Bumpys. I found the Niji to be very fragile. I washed it with clothing and the stitching around the Velcro tabs is pulling through the cover material. I wrote to the store where I bought it and they told me they need to be washed with only covers and not diapers or clothing. Personally, I don't have time to do another wash for just covers every 3 days. I either wash them with clothing or diapers. This cover is the only one I've had any problems with so far.

Have fun buying fitteds!

toomanystrollers
12-19-2004, 10:28 PM
If my memory is still working, I think the Bumkins work best with prefolds, not fitteds. I also have a Bummis pull-on style cover - works with everything along with a Bummis froggie cover - designed for prefolds.

I'm not familiar with Stacinators.

I would recommend some side-snapping sugarpeas from www.naturalbabies.com I can always find a cover to work with sugarpeas - it's a pretty trim diaper.

HTH

daisymommy
12-19-2004, 10:38 PM
As Pam mentioned, Bumkins work best with prefolds (they are a bit narrow/trim and don't cover very many styles of fitteds. Bummis cover everything I have ever tried (I use them over any fitted I have, including SugarPeas diapers). Staccinators give total coverage over any fitted as well, and they are so soft and comfy feeling!, but they are pretty bulky, so it's best to use them under loose fitting clothes like rompers, sweats, Hanna wiggles pants, etc--definetly not jeans.
I agree, I'd buy a side snapping SugarPeas cover (which will work with any fitted diaper--start out with fleece, then move on to wool which needs handwashing. I'd also buy a Bumpy day cover which could be used with a fitted or a prefold.
I think that will round things out for you, and give you a good idea what will work for your babe.
I guess that about "Covers" it! ;)