PDA

View Full Version : Heather (hez) - size question for you.

Marisa6826
12-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Is there a huge size difference between the size 4 and size 5 Cruisers?

Sophie's been leaking through her 4s lately, although I'm pretty certain that 5s would be waaaay too big on her. She was just weighed Wednesday and is 25 lbs. 5 oz.

I suspect that it's more "user error" in that Jonathan's not changing her often enough.

I guess I could buy a small packs and try them out at night (our biggest problem). I've even thought of double diping with the 4s.

Any ideas?

I'm just tired of wet bedding all the time!

-m

Kimberly H
12-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Marisa,

Mia's not wetting through her 4's yet but the side tabs look tight around her waist (we fasten on the outside of the little graphics on the side of the character - like the presents on the sides of Bert). However I'm afraid to size up because the diaper rise is so LONG on her the 5's would be drooping to below her knees and up to her chest. :(

Mia's 28.6 lbs so she's bigger than Sophie.

jesseandgrace
12-26-2004, 09:41 AM
I've been using the 5 size forever, even though dd has just reached the weight for them. Not a leak in sight, I think I could have her in them all day and they wouldn't leak, and they do not leak all night. I'm on a cloth kick, so not as many pampers now, but if I were you I would give them a try. Buy a small pack, and you might find that the leaking is over. DD is definitely not uncomfortable in them either, and any hanging is pushed back up with clothes, so it looks like it is a little bunchy, but it holds!

lizajane
12-26-2004, 12:09 PM
when schuyler wears sposies for school, he wears size 5 crusiers. he does weigh 30lbs, but he is waaaaaay skinny, so they LOOK big on him. but the 4's didn't cut it, even though they fit him very well.

i would definitely try the 5s amd just pull them up as high as you can. that is what we do.

hez
12-28-2004, 01:44 PM
So sorry I didn't see this 'til just now. We were at my folks' for the holiday weekend, and I don't have patience for dial-up :)

Size 5 is a little over an inch longer than size 4, and a little over a half inch wider. (If you felt like stretching out the diapers and comparing, you'd probably get these measurements.)

We switched Payton to size 5 earlier than the fit and weight would have indicated it because he was leaking out the front at night. Nothing like putting him on my tummy to nurse at 2am and realizing his tummy was soaked. YUCK. The bigger the size, the more absorbant they are, so we just bit the bullet and switched sizes 'early'.

HTH!

Kimberly H
12-28-2004, 08:42 PM
I sent Drew to the store for diapers today and asked him for a small pack of 4's and a small pack of 5's. Bit the bullet tonight and put the 5's on her - they fit just fine!

Back go the 4's :)