PDA

View Full Version : my first prefold project

SeekerMage
12-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Im so proud...although not quite perfect! I took my premium prefold that was too long, cut it down to the length that I needed, and then topped the center with a bit of maiden mills fleece for a built in liner. Granted it will probably take forever to dry, but atleast its ready to fold and use inside a cover now! Im tempted to make some more like the growmearainbow fabfolds just to use up some of the cute fabric I have. Yeah!

Attached is a pic, notice the left side where I trimmed it down and resewed it, oh if only I had a serger, but I think the blanket zigzag worked pretty well. Not perfect, but oh well its for her butt!

new_mommy25
12-28-2004, 02:12 AM
Very nice! And I think you will be pleasantly surprised because fleece actually dries really fast.

KrisM
12-28-2004, 08:57 AM
That looks great. It looks so much easier than fumbling for the fleece while trying to attach the PF around a squirming baby!

I've wanted to do something like this for a while, but worry about cutting them down. Does this mean that when Lil'Bit grows some, you'll have to make more from full-sized PFs? That's my fear of cutting. I don't want to have to buy more and more PFs all the time.

lizajane
12-28-2004, 11:12 AM
schuyler is 3 feet tall and we still fold down his premiums. i wouldn't worry too much about trimming them!

KrisM
12-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Ooh. Now, I'll have to try! I have a bunch of premiums we don't use yet and can start there. Thanks!

SeekerMage
12-28-2004, 01:16 PM
I wouldnt worry about trimming them down. I just used the infant size as the example of how long to make it, cut the one edge, and then used the fleece to wrap over both ends and sewed all around. Even the sticky poop for the most part peels off. If a little sticks on I take a little tissue or a wipe and remove as much as possible. A little in the wash is no big deal, I have found that even with some still on there the dipe comes out clean. Gotta love fleece! (we sometimes dunk, flush and rinse then wring them out, but not always) Please show your finished product after you do one.

alaible
12-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I think it turned out great. I wish for a serger too :)