PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use pins?

KrisM
12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
I was given some diaper pins over Christmas. I thought maybe I'd give them a try and see how well they work. In any case, I thought they'd help make a cute diaper picture, instead of the Snappi. But, I have no idea how to use the pin to hold the diaper. That sounds silly, but it seems like there should be a right and a wrong way to do it. And, are there tricks to use to keep from stabbing DS (or myself)?

highland
12-29-2004, 10:11 PM
I think it takes time. I actually gave up because I couldn't stabbing myself. Here are some pictures that may help. http://www.diaperpages.com/angel_fold.php

tarahsolazy
12-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm slowly improving, but I still prefer the snappi for less poke-ability. DS is so chunky that the premium IPFs are a little hard to use with the snappi, so I'm trying pins. You need to angle them, with the heads up and toward the baby's belly button. You don't need to get the pin through all the layers of the dipe, either, just go through the wing, and catch a couple of the front layers, that way, less chance of sticking baby. I have stuck myself, though, and I find that my PF seems saggier when I use them.

new_mommy25
12-30-2004, 03:22 AM
I prefer pins over the snappi. I never could figure that darn thing out. The pins just slide in and out. BTW, the only pins worth using are dritz. I have some cheap gerber pins and they don't slip through the layers well.

daisymommy
12-30-2004, 11:40 PM
One more tip: if you stick your pins into a bar of soap (any brand will do), it lubricates them so they slide thru the prefold fabric more easily. In the link posted, she shows her pins stuck into a pretty fabric covered bar of soap. Such a nice idea! (as Martha would say, "its a good thing" ;)).