PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Rash

TahliasMom
01-02-2005, 12:27 AM
DD is almost 8 month and has really bad diaper rash (really red) on her privates and butt area that started today. DD has had a little redness in the past but nothing like this. I been changing her every two hours to keep the moisture down and using Aveeno diaper rash cream but don't see much improvement. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Marisa6826
01-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Triple Paste! It's great stuff. You have to ask the pharmacist for it, as for some strange reason, most places keep it behind the counter.

It's not cheap, but totally worth the money.

Did you try a new food recently? Oranges really give Sophie a sore heiney.

Also, try rinsing with plain water and using a hairdryer on cool to completely dry your DD's bottom as much as possible.

Slather on some Aquaphor (if you don't have Triple Paste) to form a barrier from wetness. Also, dabbing some Mylanta on with a cotton ball, letting it dry and then diping helps as a barrier film. Sounds weird, but it works.

-m

TDS1
01-02-2005, 12:58 AM
One alternative to triple paste is just plain Zinc Oxide Ointment, which should be less expensive. It is an excellent skin protectant and should not be irritating.

KrisM
01-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Poor girl! Can you give her naked butt time? Airing her out should help a bit. I have Triple Paste, but actually prefer Burt's Bees when he has a rash. I started with Aveeno and I really don't think it does much.

I hope you figure it out soon.

lizajane
01-02-2005, 10:52 AM
putting some baking soda in schuyler's bath really helped a lot when he had a super red rash like that. and as much naked time as possible. i would change every time she wets, too. maybe even every hour or more.

TahliasMom
01-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Thanks ladies for your advice. DD had a lot of naked time today! I just put her in her play area with a waterproof pad. I also bought that Triple Paste and for once she didn't scream when I put something on her rash. it's looking much better tonight. I also gave her yogurt and nothing too acidic. I also left a message for her Pedi but there's no way I could have waited for her to call me back on Monday! Thanks so so much...

plady33
01-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I've tried so many types of pastes and creams and ointments but the best I have seen for actually curing it and not just preventing it is

A&D ointment is smells yucks but it works don't use the cream.