PDA

View Full Version : I placed a custom order with Daisygirldesigns!

daisymommy
01-04-2005, 09:24 PM
For those of you following the Mama Cloth saga, you may remember me saying I really liked my Daisygirldesigns pads. They are so absorbent, the perfect contour shape and length, and are backed with polar fleece rather than PUL (so they are breathable). The only thing I didn't like was that they are topped with flannel, which doesn't wick away moisture very well. I said I couldn't wait till she made pads with fleece on top.

So, I just asked her to custom make me some, and she is working on them now! Woo-hoo! I honestly believe they may turn out to be my favorite pads once they have fleece on top. She is charging the exact same price, and said she has done several other custom orders for gals asking for the same thing.

So, if you are in the market for some new mama cloth, you know where to look! I'll post a review when I get them. She said they'll be in the mail in 3-4 days--now that's fast!

kthomp
01-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Sounds great Amy! Be sure to let us know how you like them.

BTW, did you post about All Natural Mamas stocking freeshies soon? I've been watching the site and I was just curious if you knew how soon it would be. I think it was you would posted about it, but it could be a mommy brain attack. ;)

new_mommy25
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the tip Amy.

I have a quick question. How many pads does one need? AF has shown no sign of arriving but I want to be prepared.

Also, what size did you get of the daisygirls?

writermama
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I may be one of those "other gals" she told you about. After reading your review, I made a order with her last week -- mostly flannel, but I did ask for a custom fleece one, too.

So, thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking forward to trying them.

daisymommy
01-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Keri--Yep, I did post about Freshies stocking soon. Natalie told me it would be about a week or two, so I keep checking over there, but no luck yet!

Angie--I have found that I need about 2 less cloth pads per day than I do with disposables.
I use about 5 Super pads on days 1-2, and 4-5 regular pads on days 3-4. Then one night pad per night.

With sposie pads, I used Super Long Maxis on my heaviest days, and in place of them I bought Super Happy Heiny pads, and Maxi size Daisygirldesigns.
For night time I bought 13" long double hemp soakers from Freshies.
For lighter days, I was using thing sposie pads, and in cloth I bought regular size HH pads or 9" Freshie pads or mini Daisygirl designs.
In place of pantyliners I bought Mama Made cloth mini pads from lilibunz.com, and hope to get some more from Shandllee when she's up to it!