PDA

View Full Version : Infant fitted diapers

downwarddog
01-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi all,
I'm wondering if those of you who use fitted dipes could help me out? I do love the 2 Kissaluvs Size 0 I have. So easy to use, esp. by my husband! BUT, I do think they could be more absorbent. One pee from my daughter & they are SOAKED! I'm wondering if anyone out there has another brand of fitteds they really love. Of course, the cheaper the better, but I'll try anything. I'm currently trying to find some used Kissaluvs Size 1 on Ebay so my husband will stop using so many disposables!
Thanks for any info you can provide.
~Lenore
Mom to Acadia, DOB 9/28/04

pritchettzoo
01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Kissaluvs aren't the most absorbent diaper. I got some Size 1s because I liked the Size 0s so much, but they aren't absorbent either. I think the 0s are great for explosive newborn poop when you change them so often the absorbency really doesn't matter. Also, Kissaluvs have a weird rise to them and the 1s probably won't fit your child in the rise for very long.

I'd recommend looking into other fitteds. You can use 2 size diapers and save money over time. Or even 1 size diapers. Most fitteds are small, medium, large, and extra large.

What size is your DD? What kind of covers do you like?

I think people were happy with a diaper called Sugarbums or something like that--if I'm remembering correctly, they were similar to Sugarpeas but cheaper? I could be insane.

Another option is prefitteds--they are cheap compared to fitteds but still easy. There are several posts on them here. One of our mamas makes them (Todzwife/Shandelle) and there are other WAHMs who make them too. I think they run $5 or $6 each?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

alaible
01-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I like the mother-ease one size diapers. They are easy to use and snap to fit almost any size and are said to fit through potty training. They still fit my 21 month old with plenty of room to grow. The fact that they are one-size and you don't need to buy new sizes every 10 pounds or so makes them very affordable. I have tried a few covers with them and they seem to fit better into their own mother-ease covers. They make 2 different styles of covers, one snaps down the sides and one velcros across the front. I have hardly ever had a leak with these diapes. They also have snap in doublers you can get which I usually use now that she is bigger, when Paige was smaller I just laid a fuzzi bunz insert into the diapers to get extra absorbancy. They have a website www.mother-ease.com and you can also frequently find these diapers on ebay. Mother-ease also makes a diaper called Sandy's that comes in sizes but I have had good luck with their one-size so I haven't tried those.

downwarddog
01-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi Anna & Holly,
Thanks for the quick responses. Acadia is only 14 weeks old & 13 lbs. The Kissaluvs Size 0 still fit her, we have one more snap to use before she outgrows them. I have mostly ProWraps classic covers, 2 Bummis SWW & 2 Bumpy Day covers. My stash is very small still! I think I like the Bumpy Days the best, they are softer than the ProWraps, though the Pros have great gussets! I can't use the Bummis with prefolds, too many leaks!
I'll check out those Sugarbums...
I have one SugarPeas but that doesn't seem to fit her too well. It fit well when she was smaller, but now at her current size it doesn't really fit that well with the snaps where they are. Seems like it's too tight & leaves lots of red marks all over her... Who knows, maybe in another week or so it'll fit OK again! :-)
I also have the ME Size 1 -- it seems way too huge on Cadi now! Talk about bulk! Not sure if I'll like it once it does fit her, but I'll keep it & try it out to make sure.
I don't think I've heard about prefitteds. Must have missed that somewhere along the line?!?! I'll check out past posts though, thanks for all the help!
~Lenore
Mom to Acadia, DOB 9/28/04

ALLEYCAT
01-05-2005, 08:37 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=60&topic_id=26193&mesg_id=26193&listing_type=search

downwarddog
01-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the link! I get what they are now!:-)
If only I could sew...

~Lenore
Mom to Acadia, born 8/28/04