PDA

View Full Version : Anyone re-waterproofed your FBs?

rrosen
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I am noticing more and more frequent leaks when DD is wearing her FBs. Mainly when she is napping on her belly. The leaks seem to be mainly at the top seams. Most of my FBs have been in fairly heavy rotation for more than 10 months. Can I spray them with something? Or are they goners?

TIA

toomanystrollers
01-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I used something on my HH's that worked great. I borrowed the spray from Jen. Let me figure out what the heck the name of it is??

Here ya go:

http://www.atsko.com/waterguard.html

ALLEYCAT
01-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I did mine about a month ago and worked like magic. I got mine from Drybees. I love her diapers by the way. Alot like BB and HH, less money and supports another WAHM. Give 'em a try! If I were more dig camera literate I would post pics but...Anyway, it is in the accessories.
http://www.drybees.com/store/

rrosen
01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Thank you Pam and Leslie!
I ordered the permanent water guard from Drybees. It was even on sale!

supercalifragilous
01-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Is this just like NikWax or the spray stuff @ AngelWraps?

ALLEYCAT
01-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I am not really sure, it is a silicon based product you spray on to saturate then let air dry to just damp then dry in dryer to seal it.

pritchettzoo
01-05-2005, 11:59 PM
I would be tempted to email the Fuzzi Bunz people. They told me the diaper should last longer than that (I'm thinking the woman said the life of at least one child, but of course no hard-and-fast numbers). I know there were some older diapers with quality control issues. I think they don't check all too carefully at the factory but they stand behind them later. It's worth a shot anyway!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

toomanystrollers
01-06-2005, 06:46 AM
It's the spray stuff @ Angelwraps.

ALLEYCAT
01-06-2005, 05:16 PM
That is a very good point. The girl I baby sit has had FB mediums, for about 9 months and the lavander ones had the stitching coming out of the back where the elastic goes and the tag fell off all three. Her Momma called FB and they sent replacements right out. In the meantime I fixed them so now she has 3 extras for rotation at the day care. I have noticed that her FB seem more "damp" than our pockets. I have no idea why this is. Possibly the fabric just feels different than what I am used to.