PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go next?

KrisM
01-05-2005, 12:49 PM
DS is currently in FB for nighttime. He is in mediums and is on the tightest snap for waist and either the tightest or next loosest for thighs (depends on the color). But, if he sits up, we're getting a case of plumber's butt. Fortunately, he doesn't spend much time sitting in them, but eventually he'll learn to do that :).

He has skinny thighs and a fairly thin waist. Would PT FB work or be huge? Should I finally try a Snap EZ (large?)?

We spent so much time getting these to work, I'm bummed that he's outgrowing them already!

rrosen
01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I think the PT sound like they are just what you need. They are really the same size as a Medium but with a longer rise.

HTH

Momof3Labs
01-05-2005, 01:16 PM
ITA with Rebecca!

tarahsolazy
01-05-2005, 02:31 PM
You may want to get a SEZ as well. Forrest is on the tightest waist snap on med FBs, and the loosest thigh snap. The large SEZs fit on the tightest waist snap and middle thigh snaps. They are low rise in front, but no plumber's butt!

caheinz
01-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm with Tarah!

We're facing the same problem.... got a PT Fuzzibunz on recommendation, and, well, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of room to grow in it. (He's only one or two snaps from the largest setting in both places...)

Tried our brand-new Snap-EZ (large) last night, and it's got lots of room!

So, we're going to go with the Snap-EZs! (Alex is also small-waisted and high-rised...)

Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be a mistake once he gets the hang of crawling _forwards_....

KrisM
01-06-2005, 08:33 AM
It's kind of sounding like the SEZ might be too big for us. He's on the 2nd tightest or tightes thigh snap on the medium FBs and you and Tarah both say you're running out of growing room in the mediums, but have lots of room in the SEZ. I wonder if the thighs would be too big for him. I might give one a try though.

Saartje
01-06-2005, 11:36 AM
PT FBs are designed for your situation -- small waist and thighs, long rise. I'd try those, and also try a Snap EZ; if the latter doesn't fit now, it will later, I'm sure.

For Isaac, I've found FBs no longer work well at all. We have a large, but the fit is all wonky; the rise is ok, the thighs are right, the waist is huge or sort of ok, depending on how it's stuffed. It's usable, but not a good fit, so it's sort of my last restort diaper. (Besides which, the microfleece hasn't held up well at all. Feels rough to the hand now.) I know a PT wouldn't work, because he outgrew mediums in the thighs first. Very different build from your DS!

caheinz
01-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I didn't get a good look when the SEZ was on (DH does the diapers! and by the time the nighttime one goes on, Alex is looking for the milk when he sees me!), but I don't think we're on the tightest settings. There are enough snaps on the SEZ for them to fit over what would seem to be a pretty wide range.

I can try to quiz DH and see where the snaps were for sure... I think he said they were 1-up, though.

In the PT Fuzzibunz, he's still got at least 1 set of snaps left to go, but that just doesn't seem like enough room to justify the expense of the "upgrade"!