PDA

View Full Version : Need Cover Suggestions for Super Soaker!

Amala
01-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Help! My 9 mo is regularly soaking through our beloved Bumpy Day covers. They worked great when he was younger, but now I find myself needing to change his clothes often and have finally decided to look for some other covers.

What covers are waterproof but still breatheable? We use BabyBlanket pocket diapers at night, which I love, but I want to continue with prefolds in the daytime. We do have some Bummi SWWs which work pretty well and Bumkins which don't work that well at all.

Any ideas out there? And thanks!

lizajane
01-07-2005, 01:40 PM
i can't stand my bumpy cover for that reason. and i have a night cover. it wicks SO FAST.

proraps hold REALLY WELL. but i know they aren't the most breathable.

i tried out amy's motherease air flow and loved it! kinda poofy, but smushes under clothes. but you would need to use a snappi.

pritchettzoo
01-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Motherease Airflows! We use them overnight. They are very breathable. If you like the fit of the Bumpy Days, you could always try a Bumpy Night.

You might want to add an extra layer of absorbency--a hemp soaker or there are even some wool inserts to absorb more. Or maybe move up to premium prefolds with more aborbency to them. I think an added soaker would give you more absorbency without a ton of bulk.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

Amala
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
I had been thinking about the Motherease, so will probably get some of those. And who knows, maybe we'll even through in some Proraps too, but I just love the Bumpy prints versus a plain white cover.

Also, I hadn't tried using doublers, but will give that a shot too!

pritchettzoo
01-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Motherease has prints and colors now. We have the yellow and blue, and they're very pretty.

Try a Bumpy night--you know it fits well, and you can get the cute prints. ETA: The last time I checked (I just ordered some a couple of months ago), the cheapest place including shipping for Bumpy covers was http://www.softclothbunz.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=49 The owner is really nice and ships quickly.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

Momof3Labs
01-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I didn't find Bumpy nights to be any better than Bumpy day covers. Yes, Bumpys do wick if the diaper underneath gets too soaked, so try using a doubler or more absorbent dipe or changing more often. The ME Airflow is pretty good as far as being leak-proof, but also has tendency to leave red marks on my skinny guy's thighs. Bumpy covers fit Colin fine.