PDA

View Full Version : Nightly WOE's!!!

liya
01-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi gals!!! Promised Pam i would pop in and i most definately need some guidance!!!I have been using *gulp* huggies overnights on Ari since i cant find ANYTHING that works on him. Even regular disposables leak at night. The problem is those things STINK like crazy and they look soooooo bad in the morning......Pam told me the new in thing were Snap EZ (Im trying to train Ari so im definately going for the trainers) but has anyone tried those trifold soakers and her pockets??

I really dont want to deal with hemp anymore.......and ahum...i want to stop using disposies ...psssss...Ari nor mommy like them much....LOL

TIA for all the info :)

SeekerMage
01-07-2005, 11:54 PM
We use her pockets and love them! I just use microfiber towels trifolded with them or a MOE insert and they work well. DH put Lil'bit to bed the one night without doubling up the inserts and she was soaked in the morning, but no leaks so I definitely love them. We dont have a super soaker like some, but I have left them on her for several hours, or overnight and we have had no leaks. Hopefully someone else will have better info on the inserts. Good luck....we too hate the huggies overnight stink! (our alternative when all the dipes are dirty....ppeeee uuuuu!

new_mommy25
01-08-2005, 03:14 AM
I love my snap-ez but I wasn't impressed with her inserts. I know she has since changed her design so maybe they are better now.

Can you get crazy and do something like 2 MOE's and a JB? Or 2 MOE's with a hemp PF (like a Salamander soaker) wrapped around it? It will be bulky but super absorbant. I think that the MOE is just as absorbant if not more so than a JB. We usually use 1 JB and 1 MOE but my DS is a light wetter.

Also, Liza is making inserts for the snap-ez though they are hemp.

toomanystrollers
01-08-2005, 07:31 AM
HOWDY MAMA :)

Shea can wear one of the Snap-EZ trainers at night with just a tri-folded prefold, but he's potty-trained for daytime. So he just needs a little absorbancy for nighttime to get him through.

I wonder if a Sherpa prefold would be more absorbant. Or you could use those MOE microfiber inserts at night.

HTH

calebsmama03
01-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey Linda!
No answers for you on the Snap-EZ as I'm not much of a pocket gal (we use fitteds and wool at night) but just wanted to say a big HI and a welcome back :) :) Hope you and Ari are doing well!!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

papal
01-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey Linda!
We use the S-EZ at night sometimes. The night-inserts don't really work as well for us.. i prefer two MOEs (or am going to try 2 CottonBabies microfiber inserts tonight) The S-EZ trifold inserts seemed to not spread the pee everywhere (like the microfiber), it gets wet in just one spot and that causes leakage. The pockets themselves are great.
My new love are the fleece pockets from ApronStringsBabyThings. I will post a detailed review when I get 2 more in the mail this week. But the S-EZ will probably work better for you because of the PUL.

So my recommendation would be to try a S-EZ solid PUL with maybe 3 MOE inserts. When I try the CottonBabies microfiber inserts, i will let you know how they work. I am also trying the Doodlebottom trifold inserts, I will let you know how those work too!

Welcome Back!

kensjen
01-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Hi Linda!! So good to see you!!

We love the Snap EZ pockets. Similar to fuzzibunz, but I like them much better. The fleece seems nicer and they just have a better fit. I am a hemp gal, but I did use the MOE inserts back in the day. They might work for you. Also, a wool liner behind your inserts really helps them to absorb more. I use one every night, and they help get us through the 12-13 hours that Jonah sleeps.

Not sure if you have seen them, they look like this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19363.jpg

I bought some recently at Sugarbums. HTH!! Come back once and awhile, we really miss you. It is too quiet around here!! :)

daisymommy
01-08-2005, 10:40 PM
LINDA! LINDA! LINDA!
We miss you! Come back to us! :) I'm still here, and started here thanks to you!

Now, about nighttime, I have tried everything under the sun and moon, and they don't leak, but leave Joshua with a red pee-pee in the morning :( So, I too have been using sposies at night. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Give yourself a break, I think you of all people have tried everything out there! ;)

Take Care, we're thinking of you!