PDA

View Full Version : Waah! My Bumpy Night just leaked on me!

Saartje
01-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I was rocking Ishie to sleep, and felt something warm and wet -- diaper malfunction. It had leaked straight through the center of the cover: not around an edge, not at a seam. What happened? Is this cover just plain worn out? I bought it new, and it's not all that old! Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Switching to wool cover is looking more and more tempting. x( At least those are *meant* to be re-waterproofed at home on a regular basis!

lizajane
01-09-2005, 07:08 PM
i hear ya. my bumpy night doesn't last very long. i was VERY disappointed, especially after all the hub bub about bumpys.

tarahsolazy
01-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't know what the damage was with the beloved Bumpy, but knit your boy a soaker, mama, with bulky wool, and he'll stay dry and comfy as can be!

Saartje
01-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm working on that. ;) Nearly finished it last night, but I have to get a crochet hook to finish the edging. (I do hate knitting projects that require you to crochet to finish them; I don't really know how to crochet, so I have to guess at it every time!)

Momof3Labs
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Bumpy nights are no good for nighttime, IMO. The few times we've tried them at night, they have leaked on us. And we rarely get nighttime leaks otherwise! Try contacting the place where you bought it - maybe you can get a replacement since it is relatively new.