PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good diaper combination?

daisy82
02-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm trying to get my stash together for the little one on the way and my DD who is about to outgrow her infant prefolds.

For the newborn:
24 infant prefitteds
12 infant prefolds
4 newborn proraps
8 small proraps

For my DD:
8 Little Beetle hemp snappi diapers, size 2
4 premium trimmed prefitteds
6 Snap-EZ Large
4 Happy Heinys Medium
2 Very Baby AIO Medium
2 Sugar Peas 2 Layer Fleece Covers Medium
1 Sugar Peas Wool Cover Medium

I'm still debating Snap-EZ vs. Fuzzi Bunz. I like the fact Snap-EZ will fit from now to probably potty training, where I'd have to buy at least 2 different sizes of Fuzzi Bunz. But it seems like the Fuzzi Bunz are trimmer when stuffed. My daytime stuffing will probably consist of a prefold and microfiber towel or 2 microfiber towels. Also, is 3 covers enough, since I will only have 12 dipes that require a cover? Should I skip the premium prefitteds and get 12 Little Beetles for better absorbancy? I will be getting some of the Little Beetle doublers, though, so I suppose I could also use them in the prefitteds. Thanks for your help! Oh, I will probably wash every day, or every other day occasionally.

toomanystrollers
02-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Your newborn stash looks pretty good to me! I would probably add two more covers to your oldest's collection and maybe a dozen reg. old prefolds for her too. Prefitteds are a great option - but be sure to get some doublers.

I just got our first Little Beetle so I can't compare yet :)

HTH

mudder17
02-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Your newborn stash looks perfect, although I'd add a snappi or two. :)

For your DD, I will say that I really like the absorbency and fit of the little beetles, but I don't always find them easy to snappi. Also, they seem to take forever to dry. I might also add one simple PUL or nylon cover just as a backup, but with 12 diapers not needing a cover, I would think 3 covers would be enough, especially because you're washing every day to every other day (what I do).

The little beetles doublers are pretty absorbent, by the way.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

daisy82
02-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your input. I have 36 prefolds from my first DD, and I'm converting 24 into prefitteds for the new baby. I'll leave the other 12 alone so I can use them for pocket stuffings later on. I do have 3 snappi's too, but I think I'll get a couple more to keep in the diaper bag, plus I think my cat may have ate one or something because he's obsessed with playing with them and one's been missing for about a week! For my older DD, I'm now thinking of making more prefitteds and buying less Little Beetles, since they aren't as easy to snappi. I was planning on buying one or two of the 5-packs of Little Beetle doublers, so adding those to my prefitteds would make them a more absorbant diaper anyway. Also, I'm thinking instead of the wool Sugar Peas, getting 2 Bummis SIWW. On the rare occasion DH does laundry, I'd hate for him to mistakenly wash and dry the wool cover! Also, I decided to go all Fuzzi Bunz, since my new baby can use the mediums when DD outgrows them, and I can buy the Petite Toddler size when DD #1 outgrows the Medium. With 2 in diapers, I'd want more than 12 pockets anyway, like I'd have if they shared the Snap-EZ Large for a while. DH will just have to deal with snaps instead of aplix! So my new stash for DD would be:

6 Little Beetle hemp snappi diapers, size 2
6 premium trimmed prefitteds
12 Fuzzi Bunz Medium
2 Sugar Peas 2 Layer Fleece Covers Medium
2 Bummis SIWW Medium

Plus, the free MF inserts from Cotton Babies (12), LJ inserts for night (4), and 5-10 Little Beetles doublers. Does this look okay?

mudder17
02-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Looks great! That'll give you plenty of diapers for washing every 2-3 days, it looks like. And snaps really aren't that hard to deal with. :) I thought I'd hate them, and sometimes DD does fall into an inbetween size that doesn't quite fit one snap or another, but that happens when I change the stuffing or if she's had a lot to eat, anyway. With older babies, I'm finding that a perfect fit isn't quite as important because they tend to not have that leaky poop that younger infants do.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting