PDA

View Full Version : Informal Poll: Favorite shipping methods and arrival times

kthomp
02-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I am waiting on a diaper that was shipped Tuesday via priority and I am getting a little anxious.

How long does it usually take an item to reach you from when you get the shipping notice when it is sent via priority? First class? Please include any specific observations.

Do you find that items come faster using first class or priority?

A dipe was shipped to me via first class mail on Wednesday from CA and it arrived today, but the one shipped priority on Tuesday was coming from NC and it isn't here yet.

TIA!

mudder17
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Sometimes the P.O. is just plain slow! For example, when I get priority shipments from as far as WA, it often takes only 2 days. But right now, I'm waiting for a package that was shipped first class on Monday from NM that is still not here yet. My parents have sent me stuff both first class and priority from CA, and while it's true that priority is usually faster, sometimes, their first class will take shorter to reach me than someone else's priority. I really do think it depends on the P.O.

ETA: the diaper that was sent on Monday arrived today. So that's 5 days for first class from NM.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

alaible
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Priority mail is suppose to take 2-3 days. But just because you received the shipping notice doesn't always mean that was the day the item was actually mailed. I received a shipping notice about a baby carrier I ordered and there was a note from the seller that the item would be placed in the mail in the next couple of days. The notice sometimes means they have just weighed and stamped the item but are either waiting for the mail carrier to pick it up or waiting to make a trip to the post office.

jesseandgrace
02-05-2005, 04:47 PM
I just got a priority mail box sent from New Jersey to California and it took 2 days.