PDA

View Full Version : My gut instinct is to order prowraps

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-09-2005, 08:32 AM
I have yet to order them...need Xl for th T'ster and the stock for Baby Bee!!!!

I think you ladies mentioned Rikkies before so I will go check them out My major need is not wet jeans when I take Tristan out and to date old prowraps seem to guarantee that. As do airflows but they are trim on him.

So Imse Vimse had always peaked my interest too...
My gut to get the night times for full time to insure no pee on jeans if I do this...

Anyone have any last minutes suggestion, I don't really like the plasticy of prowraps against T's sides when I trifold a PF in there (the only way I use them)...however he doesn't mind...infact he doesn't mind poopy diapers at all...

Cheapest places to buy them to...does anyone know...
Hugs,

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

rrosen
02-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Neve,
I do hope you are going to come back and let us help you pick out some cute girly fluff soon. You wouldn't deny us that fun, would you?

My personal favorite covers are the Imse Vimse bumpy covers. I know other's who have heavier wetters complain of wicking but, we have never had an issue. I like the soft cotton feel of them and the fit. I have bought them from www.naturalbabies.com and www.softclothbunz.com

I also have a Rikki wrap. It is a much more plasticky feel but, also does a good job. These run a little bigger than the Bumpy covers, IMO
ME has some cute prints now too.

Teresa at Granitesmith seems to have a good price on prowraps. I don't know if it the best price. Maybe someone else could answer that?
http://stores.ebay.com/Granitesmiths-Diaper-Store_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm
I think most people on the boards seem to place orders with her through email and avoid the whole ebay thing.

HTH!

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-09-2005, 09:51 AM
do you think if I bought night bumpy I would be OK...in otherwords use them as my day cover... I can't stand wicking it throws me into a tail spin so I will do anything to avoid that!!!!

Hugs and thanks!!!

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

starfish03
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
I have several prowraps. I really hate that they are so plastic and they tend to leave marks around his legs a lot more than any other diaper or wrap we own. I'm no longer using them (unless I haven't done laundry quick enough). I do like the Bumpy cover we have - much softer, no red marks.

rrosen
02-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Neve,
I know that several others on the board have done just that. I hope they will chime in at some point. So, I would say, try it!

papal
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Neve,
I have not tried the Bumpy Nights but have tried the Bumpy Days and really really liked them a lot!! I would say that Bumpy Nights would probably work best too since you say you don't want any wicking.
I think tri-folding and laying in a prowrap might get really hot in the spring/summer... especially the areas where the prowrap directly touches skin.

Would you want to try an SP fleece cover? Or perhaps wool? The fleece i find does get warm in the summer but it is breathable (whatever that means, i would not like to wear fleece in the summer!! haha).. the wool certainly keeps her cooler.

Actually, for around the house, you can just snappi a prefold and be done with it.. no cover no nothing.. just the prefold. If you want, you can have some pull on wool shorts maybe. That is what we do but we keep the place pretty warm, at 71 degrees.. anyway she runs around so much that i figure she is warm with all the activity.
I am babbling on and on.. i think Bumpy Nights would be a good solution.

pritchettzoo
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I suggested that to someone and I think Lori said she couldn't tell a difference between the Nights and Days. I like the Bumpy covers, but they will wick with a really wet diaper (especially in the car seat or something where they're in there tightly).

I haven't tried Rikkis, but I have used Nikkys. They worked well for us and didn't feel plasticy at all. They're some sort of Polyester. I ordered from www.babyworks.com -- they have a 30 day money back policy even on used items: We choose our products carefully and stand behind them with a moneyback guarantee! If any of our products do not satisfy you, you may return them within 30 days for a prompt refund of the purchase price (less shipping charges). This includes products that have been washed or used! (After all, how can you tell if something fits or works unless you try it?) We want to make it easy for you to find what is best for your baby, because we are committed to your success in cloth diapering.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

new_mommy25
02-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Neve, my two PUL favorite covers are Bumpy Day and Nikkys. The Nikky is IMHO more trim (good for jeans!) than the Bumpy but does not come in cute prints and runs a tad bit smaller. They are both around the same price.

I never tried Proraps but I hated my Green Earth which I understand are similar. I hated the way after just a few uses they became pilly and ugly.

Nikkys are availiable at http://www.babyworks.com Nijis are made by the same company but for babies with skinny thighs.

ETA: The Nikkys that I have are Breathable Poly. I bought them on the rec of Linda (Liya) and I love them!!

KrisM
02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I like the Bumpy's as well. I did try one Nikky, but he never even wore it! I couldn't get the thighs tight enough (his are pretty skinny) and I kept thinking eventually it will fit. Well, now the rise is too short and the thighs are still too big. But, the material is very nice and I'm sure it would have been a nice cover.

I haven't had any wicking problems with the Bumpys. I don't have a supersoaker though.

For the baby, I might go with the Prowraps at first though. They are a lot less expensive and I know my DS moved through those first few sizes pretty fast.

squimp
02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I'd go with the Bumpys or Rikkis. I find the proraps really plasticky on the inside and this drove me nuts with the sticking to the babies bottom and things of this nature. The Rikkis have a soft coating over the PUL. We used the Rikki as a night dipe, and loved it, no leaks.

No clues on the cheapest, but Kelly's closet is having a 10% off sale

**Save 10% off your entire order of $50.00 or more now thru Valentines Day, February 14th. Just enter coupon code VALENTINE