PDA

View Full Version : Love my Happy Heiny cloth mama pads

essnce629
02-09-2005, 02:25 PM
This was my first AF using all cloth pads and I can now say that I will never go back to disposables again. Before I had my son, I was on the pill and had super light periods (only needed to wear light tampons and panty liners), but since having my son my periods have been super heavy. I've also always had cramps, back pain, leg pain, etc with each AF both pre- and postbaby. Since I had my son I've just been using pads since I soak through a super tampon in one hour and an overnight pad can at least last me 2 hours (sorry TMI).

So after all the posts with rave reviews for cloth pads I was excited to try them out. This month, however, I didn't realize that my AF was due until 2 days beforehand and I still hadn't ordered my pads yet, so I jumped online and placed an order for the HH pads. I ordered a set of 3 super/overnight pads and a set of 3 regular pads. I didn't think they would get to me in time, but I literally received my package 2 hours before AF started! The pads are super soft and a lot thinner than I had expected. I had expected them to be thick like those disposable Kotex ones they sell in public bathrooms, and was so excited when I saw they were practically the same thickness as the disposable Ultra Thin pads (the overnight ones are slightly thicker than the regular). The regular ones are the perfect length and absorbancy for most of my AF and they feel like I'm just wearing a slightly thicker pair of underwear. And I love the wings that snap-- in the disposables with wings the wings wouldn't always stick to my underwear and would end up rubbing against my thigh-- so annoying and uncomfortable. I loved the fleece and I always felt dry. The overnight pads are about 2 inches longer and worked great for my first heavy day.

The side benefits of using cloth this AF was that I had less cramping and a shorter period. I normally overdose on Ibuprofen the first 2 days of my period (about 2400mg a day!) to control my cramps, but this time I took 800mg at once at the start of my period and that was it! On day two I had very mild cramps at the beginning of the day but nothing strong enough to need to take anything. Also, I only had one day of heavy bleeding instead two. My period from beginning to end is usually 7 days (until I can go without a panty liner) but today is day 4 and it's pretty much done! I'm so glad I found out about cloth pads here, they're wonderful.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 17 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

daisymommy
02-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Isn't it incredible that we have all managed to put up with horrible, long AF cycles, and itchy scratchy dispoable pads for so long? I'm so gald you have tried cloth Mama pads and see what a difference it can make! Woo-hoo!

By the way, I have found that using non-PUL (waterproof barrier backing on HH pads) pads makes you feel even more comfy! I still love my HH mama pads, but really like fleece backed pads like Daisygirldesigns or Freshies. They breathe better.