PDA

View Full Version : Wipes question

psophia17
02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm not really interested in using cloth wipes, but now that I'm using CDs in the daytime, I don't have a neat little package to tuck the used disposable wipes in, and no one likes having poopy used wipes in the regular old ordinary bathroom garbage can.

Is there a good quality flushable wipe on the market that doesn't cost a fortune?

TIA :)

new_mommy25
02-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Just throw everything into your pail and run the wipes through the wash. Then just pick them out and throw them away when you are folding the dipes.

lizajane
02-09-2005, 07:21 PM
ditto on washing your wipes... they will come out fine. then you can toss clean wipes with no smell!

but i do have to say... i wasn't interested in cloth wipes at ALL for a LONG time, but once i made the switch.... WHOOOOOOWHEEEEEE i couldn't believe what i had been missing!!! they WORK so much better AND they are yummy soft, economical and environmental... (we use disposable wipes when out instead of packing cloth wipes, which i do think would be a hassle.)

KrisM
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Like everyone else, I washed my disposible wipes with no problem. When I switched to cloth, I couldn't believe I had every use disposible! What a difference. Generally, I just use 1 cloth wipe, but would need 5 or 6 disposibles. Much easier.

I also use cloth when out and don't find it to be a problem. I have a small wet bag that I put 3 or 4 wet wipes into. Then, I have another bag that the used diapers and wipes go into. No big deal at all.

squimp
02-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I just take a stack of baby washcloths (<10) that I put in an old wipes container, add water, and use for the day. It irritates DD's bum less than regular wipes, and is simple and cheap. Any cheap washcloths will do, and they are more substantial than sposie wipes.

marinkitty
02-10-2005, 10:28 AM
We go back and forth between using cloth wipes and disposables. I have the same problem you do with the poopy wipes (the wet ones just go in the bin) and what I do is put them in a disposable diaper bag (like bags on board or the munchkin bags from target) that I keep in my diaper bag and at home. It is so wasteful, I know, but for some reason the idea of washing the poopy wipes grosses me out (I always minishower all the poop from dipes and cloth wipes and draw the line at minishowering a disposable wipe before washing it just to toss it).

BUT - all this said, we are using cloth wipes now and I'm amazed at how much easier I'm finding them this time around - I think specifically b/c I'm not tossing little "gift bags" of poopy wipes out my back door to await a trip to the garbage cans (even in the baggies I don't like them in my inside trash). I use one wipe per change and the wipes minishower off even more easily than our dipes (I use sherpa). Maybe buy 10 or so and just try it for a few days, you might be surprised!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png