PDA

View Full Version : Night time fitted dipe?

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Just playing with the idea of trying something a little different for night instead of the pockets that we use.

Any recommendations for a decent, not too expensive, night fitted that is available reasonably easily? Hemp is okay.

I was eying the Benjamuffin nightdreamers, but there aren't any in stock. I really would prefer to keep this under $15, and don't know if it's possible. It's not like DS really needs another dipe. But . . . .

DS is 36", 28 lbs. Still pretty skinny and tall. Short waisted, and skinny thighs. FWIW.

And while I'm asking, would my Sugarpeas fleece cover work at night? A breathable night dipe is what I'm hoping for. DS is a pretty light wetter. I stuff his night times with 1 night LJ and a MOE insert or 2 JBs and 1 MOE, and they are rarely more than half wet.

This is what happens when I come back to this board!! :) If I stay away, I'm not tempted to spend any money.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

mudder17
02-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Well, you could possibly get a Benjamuffin Nightdreamer on the Swap, BUT, as a light wetter, it sounds like your DS wouldn't need anything quite that absorbent. I would guess that with the right diaper, your Sugarpeas fleece cover would work just fine for night time.

How about a tykie fitted? Seems like a large would fit her just fine. They're quite readily available--however, they're not under $15.

Fireflys are also readily available, but again, not under $15.

http://www.fuzbaby.com/diapering.htm

Hmm...oh, what about the recent Mission Impossible threads. Several diapers have been reviewed in that link. You might find some good ideas there.

[link:www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=60&topic_id=28811&mesg_id=28811&listing_type=search|original thread]

[link:www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=60&topic_id=29351&mesg_id=29351&listing_type=search|reviews]

Have fun! ;-)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

Momof3Labs
02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Nita, it's good to see you hear, but I have tears in my eyes over your signature. I'm sorry that you had to say good bye to one of your furbabies. LMK if you want to talk...

pritchettzoo
02-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Nita! I've missed you. I'm so sorry about your puppy dog.

Sugarpeas fleece--no, not at night. Or at least I wouldn't chance it. I get compression wicking with those when Gracie is sitting in them. Never WET, but I can feel the dampness. So if he pees up front and sleeps on his tummy... (not sure about the boy pee pattern, but we get compression wicking when she sits which is where the liquid goes).

Rashmi (I think) had a thread about nighttime fleece, and I think there was a mention of a fleece pocket that worked for her. That would keep the cost down since you already have the inserts. I'm headed out, but I will search for the thread later if she doesn't chime in.

Good to see you! I hope everything else is going well for you. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks Lori. It's been an incredibly difficult time. I still keep seeing him out of the corner of my eye, IYKWIM. He was my great, once in a life time, dog.

Nita

tarahsolazy
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi Nita! I've missed "seeing" you around. So sorry about your doggy.

Apronstrings Babythings has fleece pockets that Rashmi uses at night with much success. I'm pretty sure that's who Anna is referring to above.

(Oh, and Forrest now sleeps 13 hrs per night, you saved my relationship with my son)

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks Anna!

And congratulations on Gracie's sibling to be!

I have several fleece pockets. In fact, I'd lent Rashmi one of Neel's fleece dipes to try on Leela, and got her hooked. :)

I'm just in the mood to try something different, therefore the search for a fitted. I do have ME Airflow cover, too - which should work as a night cover, if the SP doesn't.

Nita

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear about Forrest! How I hate to admit that DH was right about the sleep thing. :) I'll never hear the end of it if I tell him about the success with Forrest.

Yes - I know about Apronstrings Babythings (Rashmi tipped me off a while back), but I have plenty of fleece pockets already, which do work perfectly. Just looking for a change of pace.

Nita

tarahsolazy
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Wanna try a large Benjamuffin? I have one, which is camoflauge outer, tan fleece inner, which you could "borrow" and keep if you like it. We are mostly nighttime pockets here. The one I have is applix, if that matters. email me at tarasolazy at yahoo dot com if interested.

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks Eileen. Fireflys are out - waaaayyy too expensive, especially for a dipe I don't need, and probably won't use for very long. But the Little Beetles look like a strong contender. Thanks for the tip!

Nita

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Cool!! That would be great. I actually prefer aplix - get a better fit on my stringbean with aplix.

Emailing you in a minute. I do have funded Paypal.

ETA:

Tarah,

Is that the right email? It bounced back. I tried adding an "h" and it seemed to have gone through. But, if you didn't get an email from me, could you please email me at obedcocker at yahoo.com?

Even DH might be persuaded to use a cloth dipe if it's a camo print. :)

Nita

Momof3Labs
02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
>He was my
>great, once in a life time, dog.

Oh, how I know that feeling, even 3.5 years later. I still hold a small amount of hope that I will find another once in a lifetime dog. Not one that will take my girl's place, but one that will find an equally special place in my heart. Hugs to you.

kitmama
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
There was a recent thread about nighttime fitteds- it might be helpful:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=29726&mode=full&page=2

As far as the sugarpeas fleece cover goes, my guess would be that with a light wetter, if the cover is 2-layer and the dipe is good and absorbant, then you should be OK. I have a Simon's Custom Cloth 2-layer fleece cover that has worked fine for overnight on the rare occasions I'm not using the aristocrat.