PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Pocket diapers out there?

ladythepup
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I have FB and HH pocket diapers. I want to get rid of my HH's and try something else. I know VBs are good but what other pockets are good? what about beccasbottoms or ellas pockets. Please give me recommedations. and what are their price ranges

Thank you

Momof3Labs
02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
We use FBs and Baby Blanket pockets (www.thebabyblanket.com). I like the quick on and off of the velcro, and the additional adjustability of fit!

mudder17
02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
You can also check out Snap-EZ pockets (snap-ez.com), but I would stay away from the prints (well, I would stay away from all PUL prints at this point). The prices are $12-14 for solid pockets. I'm trying some fleece pockets at Apron Strings and Things, which are under $20 ($15, I think). I haven't tried Beccasbottoms or Ellas, but I think people do like those.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

rrosen
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I like both Ella's and Beccabottoms but, both are a little difficult to get right now. Ella's are a pretty good deal because they come with a hemp insert. The run a little small imo. Beccabottoms are great diapers. I LOVE the ultratrim AIO's. I wish I had bought more when I had the chance. It is under new ownership and the new owner, Charis, is getting ready to reopen soon.

nitaghei
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
www.thebabyblanket.com

Love Baby blankets here, too! I paid about $10 for mine, but got them almost a year ago. I think they work best for babies with skinny thighs.

I have several others, but I think most aren't available right now.

www.Diaperworks.com

Julie is awesome to work with. Super fast. I love the 2 fleece pockets I got from her. She offers PUL as well, and a choice of snaps or aplix. Price varies, depending on the exchange rate, since she's in Canada. I think I paid about $16 each for mine. Fleece costs more than PUL.

www.doodlebottoms.com

I had a very good experience with Corey. She did a custom appliqued fleece pocket for what I thought was an extremely reasonable price - $18. This is a low rise dipe.

Snapping Turtles - I have several of these. I don't know if she's still in business. I have both fleece and PUL, and paid about $11 each.

Knickernappies - The business is for sale, but I think Aherne will take custom orders. This is a fabulous PUL pocket, IMO. Lots of snaps - the medium still fits my 2 year old. I think it'll get us through potty training. I think I paid about $10 or so. Highly recommend trying this, if you can find one.

Apronstrings Babythings - Rashmi (papal) raves about these. I haven't tried them, though I've been tempted to. My guess is that this is a better diaper for a baby with chunky thighs. That's what I've been telling myself to stop myself from trying one. :)

I know that Anna (pritchettzoo) really likes Ella's pockets. I really wanted to try one, but could never find one in a print/color I liked in the size I needed. Price varies by size. I think it was about $18 for an extra large, but that includes a hemp insert.

Knickernappies is probably the only one I rarely see mentioned here, so I thought I'd suggest that, if can find one.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

ktshea
02-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Like several other folks have said, I love my Baby Blanket pocket dipe. With a lizajane insert wrapped in a microfiber towel we haven't had any leaks. I really like the suedecloth lining -- it seems to take up the moisture right away.
Happy Shopping!
Katie

kthomp
02-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Nita-

Do you have a link for knickernappies? I have seen so many people rave about them, but I have never seen a link to their site.

Thanks!

mudder17
02-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Wow, Nita, what a great summary. You're the second person in as many days I've heard mention the Knickernappies. That sounds rather interesting, although I'm staying away from PUL right now.

I haven't had the best experience with Baby Blankets, and I think it's because it doesn't work well for chunky thighed babies like mine. That gives me hope that I'll love my Apronstrings Babythings. :) I love how she's now making them with two rows of snaps, which has always fit better on Kaya than diapers with one row. Hmm...maybe that's why the front snapping sugar peas doesn't fit as well as the side snapping dipes.

I have a fleece pocket from Ellen at Snapping Turtles. Every time I've ordered from her, I've just sent her e-mail. I like her fleece pocket more than her PUL pocket. For some reason, the fit (maybe it's the material) just seems to work better for Kaya than the PUL ones.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

new_mommy25
02-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I really like the way http://www.doodlebottoms.com are sewn.

marinkitty
02-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Another thumbs up for the baby blanket pockets (with suedecloth lining). These are our workhorse and they never leak and are oh, so easy. We use them night and day. They dry fast, never stain, have held up to being used at least every other day for over a year. And they were $10 a pop when I bought them. Love them! The only time I reach for something else is if I want something super trim (like a Daisy Doodle) or they are all dirty.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

sb1177
02-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I'll put a rave in for both baby blanket and disposanots. I prefer the baby blanket since it doesn't have elastic on one side of the opening making it easier to stuff. However the disposanots (by knickernappies) are also great diapers and are side snapping.

nitaghei
02-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Kerri,

The URL is

www.knickernappies.com

but I don't think it's functional for orders, but you can see the dipes and sizing.

Aherne's email is
aherne at cox.net (remove spaces etc)

She announced on her Yahoo group that she has a new Disposanots II coming out, so she might be back in business at some point. In any case, it's worth emailing her, and joining the group, if you want to try out the dipe. She did mention that she's been taking a small number of custom orders. I use it as a night dipe, and it's leak proof. And no red marks, which is pretty unusual for DS.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

Puddy73
02-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Babyblankets and Snap-EZ are our current faves, although recently I've had some wicking issues with Snap-EZ. Babyblankets are available with either snaps or velcro and they come in lots of cute prints. The solid PUL babyblankets are the best overnight diaper that I've tried.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."