PDA

View Full Version : FBs with the thick fleece?

ladybugsea
02-10-2005, 04:06 PM
So what was the verdict on the FBs with the thick fleece? No good? I finally got part of my FB order from Babymarketplace and guess what, they are all the thick kind. They feel noticably thicker than the regular fleece ones that I'm borrowing from a friend, but maybe it's just because they're worn in. I'm also annoyed that my invoice was stamped 'final sale.' What is that all about??? There was NOTHING at babymarketplace that said anything about it being a final sale. In fact, I made sure of their return policy before I placed my order. Haven't discussed it with them yet. I'm super annoyed.

terrapin_mon
02-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I got an order of Bumkins AIOs and some more stuff from baby marketplace and it was stamped final sale as well. I wondered about that. Never makes me happy - I just like retaining the option of returning stuff if I want too!! And not being told so straight up is never good.

And furthermore, I ordered FBs from cotton babies and being new to this, I am curious about the thicker fleece issue after reading a lot about this here. I have no clue if that is what i got. How do I figure this out? Any ideas?

Ritu
Munchkin due March 22, 2005!

kthomp
02-10-2005, 04:43 PM
My experience with the new fleece hasn't been good. I posted about it not that long ago. But to make a long story short... The one I had with the thick fleece repelled badly after two washes. MOE recommended that I switch to Cheer Free, which I did, and it seems to be helping. But the fleece is pretty nasty. It pilled HORRIBLY (more like clumped) and is not soft.

This is the only fleece they have available right now, their great thin fleece is being held up in customs.

I don't know what I would do about the Baby Marketplace "final sale" policy. Are you sure it doesn't say "all sale transactions are final" anywhere on their site? That definitely stinks.

Oh, BTW, my thick fleece repelled using regular tide detergent, so you might want to steer clear of that if you do end up using them.

HTH!

sb1177
02-11-2005, 01:00 AM
How long has MOE been using the thick fleece? I bought my fb at the end of dec and I haven't had any problems. I don't know what kind of fleece it is though.

squimp
02-11-2005, 02:03 AM
I don't like the thick white fleece! *(^(&*&%! Why change a good thing? The new and old fleece are different in color (old=ivory vs. new=white) and the thickness (old=thin vs. new=thick). This new fleece is wayyyy thicker than the Malden Mills fleece that comes on SnapEZ.

Overall, I have not noticed any problems with it yet. I just don't like that it's stark white, white as snow, and that it makes the dipe certainly thicker.

The best thing though, is that I got the free Cottonbabies insert with them. These are AWEsome! Really absorbent and soft. Love them, love them. I'm going to buy more for my SnapEZ.

ladybugsea
02-11-2005, 06:12 AM
Ritu The thicker fleece seems 'nicer.' It's thicker and more plush feeling, but that is comparing it unwashed to some very worn thin FBs.

Kerri Thanks for the heads up on the terrible pilling. Seems to me they should be selling these as seconds. How can they know how these will hold up if they are brand new? Not very good quality control IMO.

sb117 I believe the thick fleece has only been around for a few weeks. Yours are likely the old fleece.

Jana My thick fleece, delivered directly from MOE this week, is NOT white. It is obviously thicker; I stacked up 4 of each type and could really tell the difference in thickness. One of the main reasons I wanted to use FBs was becaus eof the trimness. I'll have to check out SnapEZ.

Not sure what to do. 4 of my FBs are on backorder. I had originally tried to cancel my FB order with Babymarketplace, but they said it was too late and that I could just return them when they came in. I'll be pretty upset if they won't take them back!!

bcky2
02-11-2005, 08:13 AM
i just received a fb with the new thicker fleece and couldnt tell if it was a diaper or the start of a winter coat! all i know is that i hope it works well like the others and that my ds is going to have the hottest buns in town this summer :)

ladybugsea
02-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I am so angry!!!!! This is the response I got from them:

My apologies for stating I would send you the 'Return Instructions' I did not realize you purchased your fuzzi-bunz using our 25% off sale coupon and all orders are 'Final Sales' when purchasing items on sale...I can not take back your return...this was stated on our site under the coupon codes when the Sale was on...my sincere apologies for the confusion but I'm afraid your order was a Final purchase and you can not Return them.

terrapin_mon
02-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Monique,

The Baby marketplace has a (Save10) 10% off promotion right now and I was curious so I checked. There is no such statement regarding all orders being final sales if purchasing items on sale!! This kind of customer service annoys me no end. This is all that it says:

"*** Save 10% Store Wide when you spend $10 - Offer valid January 28th - February 4th, 2005 *** Use Coupon Code: Save10 in the shopping cart area and make sure to hit the recalculate button to activate the coupon."

Also, their return policy does not state this either. I don't think I would buy from again, even though I had no intentions of returning stuff this time.

HTH,
Ritu

terrapin_mon
02-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Jana,

Just curious, when did you buy your FBs from cottonbabies?

Thanks,
Ritu

searchdog
02-11-2005, 12:07 PM
I would call MOE directly and complain about the fleece and see if you can exchange them with them directly. They usually have good CS so I would bypass the store and go right to MOE directly and tell them your concerns. I also know that depending what you bought BabyMarketplace drop ships a lot of there orders, which means the diapers may have come right from MOE. I ordered a dozen and they shipped from the MOE wharehouse, so babymarketplace never saw them, they are just a middle man. If you have your package they came in look at it, the return address on my envelope was MOE.

ladybugsea
02-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Ritu Yes, I looked to see fi it was true for the latest sale and didn't see anything, either. Plain rotten, don't you think?? Even if it was printed somewhere on the site at the time, it should be printed everywhere that return policies are explained, particularly on the actual 'return policy' paragraph, where I assumed all policies would be written.

Meg Yes, they did come directly from MOE. I actually called MOE earlier in the week to see where the heck my order was (over 2 weeks). And I only did get 8 out of the 12 diapers so far. I asked if I would be getting the thick stuff and she told me that's all they have right now. Did you get all thick ones?

squimp
02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Probably two weeks ago. That is weird that they have different colors!

searchdog
02-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Well I am new to the whole cloth diaper world, but all we use are Fuzzi's. I just looked at them, they are set aside since I am waiting to here back from BabyMarketplace on a sizing issue.

The fleece is white on all of them, but 9 seem thinner and 3 are obviously thicker (I got 7 different colors, the 2 butter yellow and the 1 turquoise are the thicker fleece). I ordered PT what size are you dealing with? Maybe that (or color of diaper) makes a difference in which ones they have in stock with old fleece vs. the newer fleece . I think my biggest concern with the thick fleece is that it is going to be really pilly (sp?) after it is washed.

I have not used them or washed them becaue I was ordering for the future, but I am kind of shocked that the only difference between a M and PT is 1 inch in length, I can't find anything else different between the two. So I was debating if I should just return the PT and get L instead. Maggie is in Mediums now on the tightest waist setting and 2nd from the tightest leg setting at 8 months and she is going to grow out of the rise before anything else so that is why I thought PT was the way to go but now I am not sure what the heck to do.

I am also afraid to even exchange them at this point for fear of getting all 12 with thicker fleece. I am just frustrated. I am waiting to here back from Tania with BabyMarketplace regarding the size.

ladybugsea
02-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Meg Wow, none of mine are white! They are all over the map here, aren't they? I really expected uniformity. I ordered mediums and got light pink, lavender, periwinkle (and aqua which is on backorder). I am really disappointed in how thick they are; like the previous poster stated, they remind me of a winter coat! And I can see almost a slight puckering around the snaps, likely because the fleece is too thick. Never mind the issues with pilling and repelling. I am just plain annoyed. And after all this, it would have been cheaper to order from somewhere else that gives free inserts. And has an accurate return policy.

searchdog
02-11-2005, 01:20 PM
That is too weird, what color is your fleece, the old cream color? I guess my opinion is if you have something that isn't broken don't fix it. Meaning don't switch fleece. I understand the fleece is stuck in customs but couldn't they buy some other microfleece instead of switching to that thick stuff? I here you on the being cheaper to order from somewhere else.

At this point I figure if I don't need PT I will just sell them to someone else instead of trying to return them. Since I got such a good deal on them I should be able to get my money back out of them, I HOPE!

brigmaman
02-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Ok, not to confuse things even more, here but...I have both cream and white thin fleece FBs from around October.

terrapin_mon
02-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I got 11 different colors (gotta love the colors!!) from cottonbabies and I am just looking at them trying to figure out what I have. Since I don't need them till the baby comes in March I have not yet washed them.

Okay so the pinks (2) the periwinkle, the burgundy and the red are in the thin white fleece, while the Orange, Butter, Olive green, Yellow, Sage, Peach, and Lavender are in the thicker white fleece. Would you say it would be worth it to call Jennifer and see if I could exchange these for those that come in the thinner fleece? Am so confused now. I do have time to do an exchange or returna nd luckily have not washed any yet.

So it seems to be thck or thin fleece either by luck of the draw or do you think it is color specific? I ordered smalls. To keep or not to keep - that is the question. Oh so confused!!

Ritu