PDA

View Full Version : What are the best fitteds and covers out there?

ladythepup
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I have decided to take the plunge into fitted diapers. and i was wondering what the best ones are that are out there. and good resale value? also for a heavy wetter.
and what are the best covers out there i have ordered a bummis SWW a Prorap and a Softwrap. are their any other good ones. not to into wool right now.

Thanks

mudder17
02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
For a heavy wetter, it depends on how often you want to change your babe, and whether you're talking about day or night. First off, I would check out the Mission Impossible threads.

The Little Beetles take a while to dry, but they're pretty trim and seem to do well for heavy wetters. I have not needed to use the extra doubler during the day. You can get them with snaps, aplix, or as snappi's (nothing on them, you use a snappi to fasten them).

Sugarpeas, both front and side-snapping, seem to hold up pretty well to heavy wetters, and they have good resale. I prefer the side-snapping in terms of its fit on Kaya, but I think front snapping is easier to put on. So it's a matter of preference.

Benjamuffin Diapers are also good for heavy wetters, although they're by no means considered trim (big bubble butt). I've only tried the Nightdreamers, though, so I can't say anything about the day diapers in terms of absorbency.

I think I'm going to like my Sunflower Derriere's, although the first round was a tad on the small side. But she's going to remake them in a slightly larger size and send it to me. She uses organic cotton, and I find it to be very soft.

I also like my tykie fitted diapers (tykie.cutsie.net). She has hemp fitted and organic cotton velour. I've only gotten the hemp ones, but am getting an OCV sent pretty soon. I like her prints and her diapers seem to do very well with a heavy wetter.

For covers, I use mostly wool and fleece, but a PUL cover not on your list that is pretty popular are Bumpy Days or Bumpy Nights. They're lower in the rise than the Bummis, but they have gussets. I've used Literaps pretty successfully. Their design is pretty similar to the Bumpy's, although some people say they're not quite as soft. I haven't used (or seen) Bumpy's, so I can't comment on that comparison. They are very affordable, though, so it may not hurt to try one of those.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

Momof3Labs
02-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Everyone will have a different answer for you! A lot of it has to do with baby shape and size, but also usage and wetting patterns and such.

My favorite fitteds are currently Cuddlebuns bikini cut. SOS are a close second, though I prefer snap-in doublers to internal soakers. I prefer front snap fitteds because they give us the best fit, but others prefer side snaps (or aplix). When DS was smaller, I really liked Sugarpeas size 1 dipes.

We have many favorite covers. Bumpy day covers are wonderful for us. A little pricey but worth it. Motherease airflow is a good leak-proof cover but the fit around the thighs isn't always the best. I love Sugarpeas fleece covers but don't have a super heavy wetter.